Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Duck Fan Forum > Duck Exchange Marketplace: Listings and Discussion > Getting rid of my collection
Register to Reply Register to Reply Duck Exchange Marketplace: Listings and Discussion Duck Exchange Marketplace: Listings and Discussion Help Help Search Search Pages: 1
Getting rid of my collection (Read 575 times)
havekidsdonttravel
Getting rid of my collection    posted on Nov 26th, 2017, 11:59am

Hello,  I haven't posted here in years.  I hosted the last Duckfest in Hesperia, I do not care what Guinness says, I have the worlds largest rubber duck collection.     My wife and I have decided to move, and I will not go through moving those ducks again.  

THE WHOLE COLLECTION IS GOING!

Here's the deal, if someone offers me money, then the collection is theirs.  Come here take what you want, then I can throw out the rest.  I am not holding out a lot of hope that will happen, so if we get into non monetary offers to take them, then there are other considerations, like will they take everything, will they pack them and remove them, or do I have to do it.  Will they sell them on ebay for profit?  

I am interested in them going to a good home, because i took a decade to collect them.  Those of you that came here in 2013, know what I have, those that didn't saw the pictures.  I am looking for 1 person to take everything.  The collection would have to be moved in calendar 2018 or at least by early 2019.  In order to sell my house, I might have to remodel the room, into a home theatre, or game room.  

I gave Charlotte months of warning, I emailed her 6 months ago, she was the first person i considered, but she has not contacted me back.  Even if I was to give one person the entire collection for free, they would need a truck and packing materials.  Please do not think these will fit in a mini van.  You will need at minimum a good sized U-haul, boxes, packing material, and labor to get them packed.    

I cannot take photos of thousands of ducks, and I wont pick them apart for $1 here and there.  Not going to happen.    

This is the largest collection, the rarest most vintage ducks are in this one room in Hesperia California.   There are vintage ducks that you will not be able to replace.  I have a lot of German, European ducks.  My collection merged with Charlotte's would be amazing, she has some asian/ Japanese ducks that I was never able to find.  

If nobody is able to take the entire collection, or offer money to come here ONE time and take all the good stuff, then I'll dispose of it.  

I have not logged into duckplanet in a while, if anyone has any interest please e-mail me.

Mike
sweetmelissa
Re: Getting rid of my collection    posted on Nov 27th, 2017, 4:49am

If only I lived in California... Or had the money to move them here. Good luck finding them a good home. I've seen the pictures, was an amazing room.
Erte
Re: Getting rid of my collection    posted on Dec 5th, 2017, 5:56am

I'd love to help get them to a new home somehow. I have the money and time, but I don't have the space to take on a personal collection of that size and am not sure I'd want such a massive collection for myself.  Have you tried contacting any museums to see if they would be interested in the collection?
squeakybeaks
Re: Getting rid of my collection    posted on Dec 8th, 2017, 7:41am

Darn, yes, a museum would be awesome!

I do not have the $$$ to buy, however if it comes down to no other offers I could come pack and haul them away for you. I really hope you don't mean "dispose" of them in a landfill/dump!   Shocked
*My only caveat is I have no interest in, or knowledge about, vintage ducks. If someone else was interested in the vintage part, I would love the rest.
jdtrue66
Re: Getting rid of my collection    posted on Dec 26th, 2017, 5:52am

Oh what a loss this would be my only problem is shipping to NJ would be a huge cost in it's self Sad
Register to Reply Register to Reply Duck Exchange Marketplace: Listings and Discussion Duck Exchange Marketplace: Listings and Discussion Help Help Search Search Pages: 1