Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Duck Fan Forum > Rubber Duck Collectors Cafe > POLL: How many ducks do you have?
Register to Reply Register to Reply Rubber Duck Collectors Cafe Rubber Duck Collectors Cafe Help Help Search Search Pages: 1
POLL: How many ducks do you have? (Read 160 times)
ducks_go_quack
POLL: How many ducks do you have?    posted on Apr 18th, 2014, 11:33am

Hi, I thought I would make this poll/survey just for fun. Enjoy!
1)  How many ducks do you have?
2)  How old are you? (Optional)
3)  How long have you been collecting?
4)  What made you start collecting/ did you intend to collect ducks or did it just happen? Smiley
5)  How do people feel about your collection?
6)  How do you keep your collection? (in boxes, on a shelf, in bathroom etc)
7)  Do you think you would ever stop collecting? Why?
Cool  What is your favourite brand of rubber duck? (Bud, B.duck, Lanco etc)
9)  What is your favourite duck?
10) What is the highest amount of money you have paid for a single duck?
Please leave your answers below Smiley Thank you xx
ducks_go_quack
Re: POLL: How many ducks do you have?    posted on Apr 18th, 2014, 11:43am

Haha sorry the number 8 turned into a smiley face ! Cheesy
My answers are:
1) I don't actually know as the number keeps changing! Definitely over 100 though ... Maybe 200?
2) I am 13, 14 this year
3) 2 years?
4) It happened by accident... I bought one and then I couldn't stop Cheesy
5) People think it's a bit weird but still help me to make it bigger.
6) Mostly on a shelf in my wardrobe but some are in boxes Sad
7) Maybe... Probably when I run out of room!
8 ) Either Bud ducks or b.duck
9)  Either my Louis Vuitton bud duck or my Swarovski crystal duck
10) 32 .... Whoops !!
Airthrow
Re: POLL: How many ducks do you have?    posted on Apr 20th, 2014, 4:57pm

Hello there!

1) Over 1,600, I went to duckfest last year, and got many kind donations which put my 1000+ collection over the top! Counting this weekend to make ready for a duck blog my wife and I will soon be making.  
2) 29, 30 this year
3) Technically all my life! My parents started buying me ducks as a little kid, but I have only been seriously collecting for the past 10 years or so
4) I've always loved ducks, but when I went to college people started getting them for me as going away gifts, so I decided to keep going with the trend Smiley
5) They think it's funny until I show a picture, then it's either "that's amazing!" or "This guy's a wierdo". Good way to filter your friends.
6) I built shelves for 1000 of them, but the others have to remain in boxes until we get a bigger place Smiley
7) Only if something terrible happened and forced me to sell them off
8 ) Rubba Ducks. I thought they were out of business, but i contacted them and they say they are still making new ones!
9) A carnival Oriental Trading Company duck who has 2 heads
10) $20, but looking like $35 for a Kernel rubber duck who I simply can't get anywhere!
ducks_go_quack
Re: POLL: How many ducks do you have?    posted on Apr 23rd, 2014, 10:44am

Thanks for the reply Smiley
Where do you get them from? I can't seem to find ducks anywhere anymore Sad
And could you tell me what duckfest is please? I have heard people talk about it but I live in England (I presume it is in the US?) so I don't really know what it is.
Thank you!
Airthrow
Re: POLL: How many ducks do you have?    posted on Apr 24th, 2014, 6:43am

Sure thing!

First off, Duckfest is a U.S. thing (as far as I know!) that every year, sometimes every couple of years, duck collectors on this site gather at someones house to trade, tell stories, and otherwise have fun. On the front page, the third one down is last years duckfest, and it was amazing. That's one wall of a giant room of ducks that our generous host had, it trully was like a shrine! I don't know if duckfest will be going over to europe anytime soon, but I know there's a few people on this site who want it to, maybe you could make one for that side of the world!

And truly, finding new ducks becomes a little more challenging each time, but that's half the fun! I can tell you what I do in the U.S., but I'm not sure if these things exist in the U.K.:

-Ebay.com! I love ebay, or amazon. Look up Rubber Ducks, and you'll find thousands of auctions. Granted you'll need a credit card to buy here, so there's that

- Oriental Trading Company. This is a magazine which has all sorts of party favors and toys, and a lot of us get ducks from them. They are easy to spot, they're small (about the size of your thumb) and all have little beady eyes. You can buy from the catalog, online, or just about anywhere, you may even have some! they look like this: http://s7.orientaltrading.com/is/image/OrientalTrading/5_810k?$VIEWER_ZOOM$

- Baby departments. It seems weird, but go into the baby supplies section of any store, and you're likely to find ducks there. Walmart and Target are big U.S. stores, and they often have ducks.  

-Thrift Stores. We have many names for these; dollar stores, second-hand retail, Goodwill, and more. These are stores where everything is donated, or otherwise cheap (like 1 USD) ducks tend to end up here, and the best part is they're super cheap! Of course the trade is you'll never know what you're going to find, but a lot of time parents buy ducks for their babies, then donate them to these stores, and you can find them there. I can't imagine that US is the only place that has stores like these

-Yard Sales. Same as the thrift stores above, a yard sale is never a guarantee, but sometimes you find some ducks you've never seen before Smiley

And really, any store with a toy department is likely to have some. A good trick is to go a couple weeks before any major holiday (easter, christmas, etc.) as ducks are a popular gift these days, and they tend to have new themed ones every holiday. Don't forget pet stores too! Lots of dog toys look like ducks

I hope this helps! I wish I could give specific store names, but I'm not sure what you have there in terms of stores. But good luck!
Register to Reply Register to Reply Rubber Duck Collectors Cafe Rubber Duck Collectors Cafe Help Help Search Search Pages: 1