Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Duck Fan Forum > Front Page Discussions > Rubber Duck in the National Toy Hall of Fame
Register to Reply Register to Reply Front Page Discussions Front Page Discussions Help Help Search Search Pages: 1
Rubber Duck in the National Toy Hall of Fame (Read 547 times)
charlotte
Rubber Duck in the National Toy Hall of Fame    posted on Nov 8th, 2013, 5:16am

Rochester, NY -- The Strong Museum in Rochester, NY is home to the National Toy Hall of Fame where folks can vote to suggest toys to be included. I had voted for the rubber duck for a couple years early on and ultimately gave up. Despite this, we wrote them earlier this year to see if they might be interested in acquiring the Duckplanet collection some day but they were only interested in taking some special ducks from our collection so we passed. Anyway, surprise surprise, only a couple months later, the rubber duck comes out on top and is being inducted in to the Strong Museum's Hall of Fame along with chess. Follow the link below for more information.

http://www.thestrong.org/press/releases/2013/11/4661-2013-national-toy-hall-indu ctees-announced
digicolleen
Re: Rubber Duck in the National Toy Hall of Fame    posted on Nov 9th, 2013, 5:15pm

WOW! I had no idea you had talked to them! Maybe the museum isn't big enough to display all your ducks! Haha. Have you been to the museum?

When I first saw the rubber duck nominated for the Toy Hall of Fame I went to vote and saw that My Little Pony and Little Green Army Man were way ahead. Haha. Then I heard that rubber duck was inducted the other day on our local news! What a great surprise! Well done, rubber duckie!  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

charlotte
Re: Rubber Duck in the National Toy Hall of Fame    posted on Nov 25th, 2013, 6:58am

Yeah, they pretty much said they didn't have room for entire collections. Here's hoping that someday some museum will have both the desire and the capacity to take the whole collection.
Register to Reply Register to Reply Front Page Discussions Front Page Discussions Help Help Search Search Pages: 1