Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Duck Fan Forum > Rubber Duck Information > Advice needed
Register to Reply Register to Reply Rubber Duck Information Rubber Duck Information Help Help Search Search Pages: 1
Advice needed (Read 247 times)
PureRoses
Advice needed    posted on Aug 12th, 2013, 3:04pm

Hi everyone,

For the people who don't know me, I'm a collector since 2007 and my main goal is to collect all the ducks from BUD. I live in The Netherlands.

As my collection grows I've stumbled across a problem. All my ducks are on display (wearing the tags) and I kept the original design boxes they came in. (not on display for as it is now.) Except for the transparent ones (don't care about those).
Since I found some great deals on local websites from people who sell their collections I bought a lot of ducks without the tags and design boxes. [And it saved me tons of money too!] Also some of the more 'rare' or discontinued ducks I bought on Ebay came without them. Scared that I would not come across them so easily again, I bought them. And now it simply feels incomplete.

What would you fellow collectors suggest?
Trying to get the missing tags and boxes with the domed windows? OR upgrade my collection and sell the 'loose' ducks?
Perhaps you have some better ideas to solve this?

Also there is 1 set that has not the best paint job. The 3 mini china olympic ducks set, which is harder to get. Would it be wise to buy another set and keep them in the package or not? Also, they normally cost a lot more since they are more 'rare'. Kinda scared I spent too much money on them as duplicates.

- NEXT PROBLEM; -

The Australian only BUD ducks are out of my reach. I've contacted sellers on Ebay and they simply won't ship overseas. I don't know any people living there, and I'm getting desperate. How did some of you solve this problem? It would help me a lot!

I'll be seeing forward to your replies!
Mayra
jdtrue66
Re: Advice needed    posted on Sep 14th, 2013, 9:33pm

Mayra,

Many of us struggle with the box no box question. Unlike many other collectibles the New In Box (NIB) tag is seldom used and even the value is not changed that much. I know many collectors that even if they get a NIB duck they still remove it. I think the key is when you say it "feels incomplete" If your collection is not 100% what you want you will have to work to solve that.

I would say replace the unboxed one as you can. Then sell them.
PureRoses
Re: Advice needed    posted on Sep 15th, 2013, 11:36am

Thanks. It's nice to know that I'm not the only one with that issue. Hope to complete the collection to my liking. Wink
Register to Reply Register to Reply Rubber Duck Information Rubber Duck Information Help Help Search Search Pages: 1