Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Duck Fan Forum > Front Page Discussions > Ducktastic Times at Duckfest 2013
Register to Reply Register to Reply Front Page Discussions Front Page Discussions Help Help Search Search Pages: 1 2 
Ducktastic Times at Duckfest 2013 (Read 1999 times)
charlotte
Ducktastic Times at Duckfest 2013    posted on Jun 23rd, 2013, 4:23am

(Pictured: Marcel, Charlotte, Annalisa (holding large duck) Ken, Mike (back row), Mary, Judy, Ken, Jay, Ray, Jon (w/JustDucky), Erika, Colleen, Ben, Connie (and 2 guests), Mike, Chad, Lucy. Not pictured: Mike, Julie, Mark)

Hesperia, CA -- Rubber duck fans including collectors and photographers and their friends descended today on Hesperia, CA in the desert. The festivities took place from noon to 5pm at a lovely home festooned with rubber duck themed decorations in the desert among the Joshua trees. We met our fellow duck fans, traded ducks, played rubber duck-themed games, enjoyed duck treats, and exchanged tips on rubber duck hunting and duck repair and maintenance.  

The ducky event was made possible by the gracious hosting of Colleen (digicolleen) with major assists from Fletch and the sponsorship of Mike (havekidsdonttravel). Mike's palatial, marble-floored, brightly lit, and pristine rubber duck room was the toast of the event: The Ultimate Rubber Duck Room.  

Many thanks to all of our organizers and attendees. Duckplanet is honored to have such great, friendly people among its denizens. Stay ducky! Who knows where the next Duckfest will be? Perhaps Connecticut? Will there finally be a European Duckfest? Stay tuned!!
JustDucky
Re: Ducktastic Times at Duckfest 2013    posted on Jun 23rd, 2013, 6:33pm

Hi Charlotte!
So wonderful to meet you, and everyone yesterday!
I got a few of the photos loaded into an album (They are public, so feel free to copy, share, tag, or spread the Duck love in any way you see fit!)
Here is the album on Ducky's FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152918840120696.1073741843.449730860
695&type=1
Also, I just saw that Mike loaded some on his Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mquest/sets/72157634287819636/with/9117123909/
Thank You again for such a great day! Look forward to more pics as they surface ~=Smiley
jdtrue66
Re: Ducktastic Times at Duckfest 2013    posted on Jun 23rd, 2013, 6:51pm

Looks like another great event! Some day I will make one....
Jay23562
Re: Ducktastic Times at Duckfest 2013    posted on Jun 24th, 2013, 2:56am

Thank you everyone who organized Duckfest 2013!  Ray and I (Jay) had so much fun!  We are still going through ducks!  We were so sad that we had to leave early.  But we had an AMAZING time meeting everyone! I hope we can go to the next one!
duck_fiend
Re: Ducktastic Times at Duckfest 2013    posted on Jun 24th, 2013, 2:57am

so much fun...dan looks so little next to me hahahaha
mquest
Re: Ducktastic Times at Duckfest 2013    posted on Jun 24th, 2013, 8:51am

Thanks for having such a great event.  I enjoyed meeting everyone and am inspired by the ducks that I saw.   I am still editing my pictures and reliving the great moments of the day.  Thanks All
duckduckdan
Re: Ducktastic Times at Duckfest 2013    posted on Jun 24th, 2013, 1:17pm

Duckfest 2013 was AWESOME!!! It was wonderful to spend time with friends and meet new friends!!! Best time ever!!! Mike's DUCK Museuem is a dream come true!!! Thanks so much to everyone!!!  Keep Calm and Quack On!!!!!! Big Dan Magee aka Duck Dan Smiley
Mrs.SynysterDuck
Re: Ducktastic Times at Duckfest 2013    posted on Jun 24th, 2013, 7:33pm

It was so amazing meeting you all.  I had a blast!  I hope I can make it again to the next one.  
-Mary
erika_the_enabler
Re: Ducktastic Times at Duckfest 2013    posted on Jun 24th, 2013, 8:22pm

Thank you so much for 'taking me under your wing'. Yes, a duck pun. It was so much fun to meet everyone. Mike and family, thank you for opening your home to us and spoiling us rotten! Ben and I made lots of new friends so I figured I'd make a login on here. Good thing we drove and had room for all those duckies! Let me know where the best place to post photos and videos is on here.
Airthrow
Re: Ducktastic Times at Duckfest 2013    posted on Jun 24th, 2013, 9:45pm

Agreed on all counts! It was one of the best times I've ever had. Thank you Colleen for helping to put it all together, and of course, Mike for letting us swarm your house to admire your collection. I said it before, and I'll say it again, life changing experience! It really was a shrine, and should be consecrated as holy ground.  

My collection is as of now, 827, and thanks to your generosity, will soon likely make the jump over 1000! I'll be sure to update when I can, but of course, new shelves are required  Smiley

-Ben
duckduckdan
Re: Ducktastic Times at Duckfest 2013    posted on Jun 25th, 2013, 3:53pm

Im so funny, I was trying to find the like button to like all the comments...Like on the facebook.... HA...

BTW, I did kill my facebook account again because of work......BUt I can keep up with yall through here....Please anyone who has good pictures send them to me at danmagee@aol.com   I want to make a memory book with all the pictures........    Was really one of the best times ever!!!!  

Next week after I'm caught up on all my work, I will edit the pictures......Uggggggggggg somethings never change......

Someone post a picture of the Ducks Mike had made... THEY ARE AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME>!>>!>>!>>!>!>

Yall come see me if you are ever in Mississippi!!!
rubberducklover
Re: Ducktastic Times at Duckfest 2013    posted on Jun 25th, 2013, 8:48pm

Smiley Smiley WOW what a GREAT Duckfest......It sure was wonderful to meet you all. And thanks MIKE for having us, at your house. What a beautiful duck room you have.....those lucky ducks...of yours. We REALLY had a GREAT time !!!!! It was worth every penny to have a really FUN time with all of you. All the rubber duckies have landed safely in Vancouver....Canada, and  are a quacking with my ducky collection.......Thanks again...and quack on.... Smiley Smiley
Oh yeah........and GREAT photo's...MIKE and Just ducky.....thanks for sharing ehhhh....haha
Im in the group photo too.....on the left side of Colleen.
fishbone
Re: Ducktastic Times at Duckfest 2013    posted on Jun 26th, 2013, 11:07am

Looks as though you guys had a wonderful time.
Hopefully will be able to make it next time.
Can anybody share pictures of the 5 duckfest special ducks?
havekidsdonttravel
Re: Ducktastic Times at Duckfest 2013    posted on Jun 26th, 2013, 12:35pm

Fishbone,  I was trying to contact you, but I can't e-mail you thru the Duckplanet website, like other members.  Could you try to e-mail me?  
sweetmelissa
Re: Ducktastic Times at Duckfest 2013    posted on Jun 26th, 2013, 1:11pm

Fishbone, this is a picture I was sent of the duckfest ducks.
Register to Reply Register to Reply Front Page Discussions Front Page Discussions Help Help Search Search Pages: 1 2