Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Duck Fan Forum > Front Page Discussions > 2nd (Duck) Call: Duckfest 2013 in California
Register to Reply Register to Reply Front Page Discussions Front Page Discussions Help Help Search Search Pages: 1 2 
2nd (Duck) Call: Duckfest 2013 in California (Read 1436 times)
charlotte
2nd (Duck) Call: Duckfest 2013 in California    posted on May 27th, 2013, 5:19pm

Hello Duck Fans! Duckfest is just right around the corner now. 2013 is going to be one of the most awesome Duckfests ever and it may be a couple years before the next one so don't wait until next year! There may not be a Duckfest next year!! Are you worried about the price of plane tickets and are trying to build your collection? Thanks to our sponsor and master of the house, havekidsdonttravel (Mike), there will be so many free ducks that you will likely more than make up the price of your ticket!! Our hostess with mostest, digicolleen (Colleen) has comprised this list of 8 of the most awesome things about Duckfest this year!

1. Boxes of ducks to give away (3,000 in total). Some very rare and vintage.
2. FIVE different Duckfest Ducks. Not just average ducks: Ducks specially made and imported from China!
3. Meet all the people in person that we chat with on Duckplanet
4. California!
5. Duckfest may not happen again for a couple of years so it may be a while before something this big happens again.
6. It's FREE and you will be leaving with FREE ducks. A great way to build your collection.
7. Free lunch (including cake: a duck themed cake).
8. A chance to see one of the largest rubber duck collections on planet earth.

Marcel and I have bought our tickets and made our reservations and are looking forward to chatting with everyone who comes out!!
PureRoses
Re: 2nd (Duck) Call: Duckfest 2013 in California    posted on May 27th, 2013, 5:50pm

I wish I could come, but I live in The Netherlands. So tickets are extremely expensive for me. Plus a very long trip for just a day, can't stay longer because of my internship.
If there are ducks left of the event, I would love to offer them a home! =) Then they get to go on the plane (ironic enough, haha).
Airthrow
Re: 2nd (Duck) Call: Duckfest 2013 in California    posted on Jun 16th, 2013, 10:24pm

One more week to go, I can't wait!
digicolleen
Re: 2nd (Duck) Call: Duckfest 2013 in California    posted on Jun 17th, 2013, 4:14pm

Here's a little more to get you guys excited!

Winners get a BOX of ducks for each win!
digicolleen
Re: 2nd (Duck) Call: Duckfest 2013 in California    posted on Jun 17th, 2013, 4:16pm

The gift bags.....filled with FIVE original Duckfest ducks and other duck swag!

I was going to post the duck trivia, but I don't want any cheating! Heehee.
laraduck
Re: 2nd (Duck) Call: Duckfest 2013 in California    posted on Jun 17th, 2013, 5:44pm

SO awesome!! I wish I could go, but I live on the East Coast and I just finished my Bachelor Degree so I'm super broke Sad
sweetmelissa
Re: 2nd (Duck) Call: Duckfest 2013 in California    posted on Jun 17th, 2013, 7:04pm

digi you are killing me! Wish I could go. Lara, way to go on getting the bachelor's degree! That's awesome.
Airthrow
Re: 2nd (Duck) Call: Duckfest 2013 in California    posted on Jun 17th, 2013, 11:31pm

This just keeps getting more amazing! Super props for everything you're doing for the event, digi!
duck fever
Re: 2nd (Duck) Call: Duckfest 2013 in California    posted on Jun 18th, 2013, 8:41pm

This sounds great and really gorgeous! ... and makes us rather sad as we cannot attend. We would like you all to meet and know, and besides: California, and besides: lots lots lots of ducks!!

Too bad, but not to change for this time Sad

Remains to wish from our part:
Have fun @guys and enjoy!  

And please, set aside an exemplar of the DUCKFEST 2013 DUCK for us Wink

Greetz from Berlin,
Evi
duck_fiend
Re: 2nd (Duck) Call: Duckfest 2013 in California    posted on Jun 19th, 2013, 7:37am

DUCKO!!!! do i get a first choice pick of boxes since i was the first to say it lol
digicolleen
Re: 2nd (Duck) Call: Duckfest 2013 in California    posted on Jun 19th, 2013, 3:58pm

Relax! You will be getting more ducks than you will know what to do with. Haha.  Cool Cool

I sent one last email to everyone with some last details so if you did not receive it, let me know!

Can't wait to meet everyone and wear head to toe duck fashions!! Woot woot! Duckfest or bust!
duck_fiend
Re: 2nd (Duck) Call: Duckfest 2013 in California    posted on Jun 19th, 2013, 11:35pm

lol...it will be a great time...i cant wait to pull on dans beard  Wink
digicolleen
Re: 2nd (Duck) Call: Duckfest 2013 in California    posted on Jun 21st, 2013, 11:25am

FLying out today! See you guys there! Woot woot! QUack! Quack! Tongue Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
charlotte
Re: 2nd (Duck) Call: Duckfest 2013 in California    posted on Jun 22nd, 2013, 6:53am

I have arrived in Duckfest town and have seen the locale. You all are in for a big treat!! I hope you brought extra luggage to bring your new ducks home! I can't wait to see all you duck folks new and old!!
dutchducky
Re: 2nd (Duck) Call: Duckfest 2013 in California    posted on Jun 22nd, 2013, 8:16am

Smiley        Smiley          Smiley           Smiley Smiley       Smiley Smiley       Smiley    Smiley
 Smiley       Smiley       Smiley  Smiley       Smiley     Smiley   Smiley     Smiley    Smiley   Smiley
 Smiley Smiley Smiley      Smiley Smiley Smiley    Smiley Smiley       Smiley Smiley        Smiley Smiley
 Smiley       Smiley     Smiley       Smiley    Smiley             Smiley                 Smiley
 Smiley       Smiley     Smiley       Smiley    Smiley             Smiley             SmileySmiley

Smiley Smiley        Smiley     Smiley        Smiley Smiley     Smiley     Smiley      Smiley Smiley Smiley     Smiley Smiley Smiley          Smiley Smiley       Smiley Smiley Smiley                 SmileySmiley
 Smiley    Smiley     Smiley     Smiley     Smiley              Smiley   Smiley       Smiley                Smiley                  Smiley                      Smiley                      SmileySmiley
 Smiley     Smiley    Smiley     Smiley     Smiley              Smiley Smiley         Smiley Smiley           Smiley Smiley Smiley         SmileySmiley               Smiley                        Smiley
 Smiley    Smiley     Smiley     Smiley     Smiley              Smiley   Smiley       Smiley                Smiley                            Smiley            Smiley            
 Smiley Smiley          Smiley Smiley          Smiley Smiley     Smiley     Smiley      Smiley                Smiley Smiley Smiley        Smiley Smiley               Smiley                        Smiley

Register to Reply Register to Reply Front Page Discussions Front Page Discussions Help Help Search Search Pages: 1 2