Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Duck Fan Forum > Rubber Duck Information > regional rubber duck collectors' meetings
Register to Reply Register to Reply Rubber Duck Information Rubber Duck Information Help Help Search Search Pages: 1
regional rubber duck collectors' meetings (Read 358 times)
Howard_The_Duck
regional rubber duck collectors' meetings    posted on Apr 21st, 2013, 10:45pm

I am new to the forum, although not new to rubber duck collecting.  I was wondering if, in addition to the annual duckfest, there were regional meetings in major cities where rubber duck collectors could get together to share information and perhaps go on local shopping excursions together.
digicolleen
Re: regional rubber duck collectors' meetings    posted on Apr 22nd, 2013, 4:33am

There's not any that I know of....but you could always start one. If there are enough duck collectors in your area, you could organize a meet up. I used to do it with some photographers in my city. We'd meet up at a bar and grill or do a picnic in the park and talk about photography stuff. You could do the same with duck collectors  Smiley
SqueakyQuack
Re: regional rubber duck collectors' meetings    posted on Apr 23rd, 2013, 3:01am

That sounds cool! I would definitely go, that is if its in my city  Roll Eyes I haven't met any other crazy duck collectors like me yet!
Howard_The_Duck
Re: regional rubber duck collectors' meetings    posted on Apr 23rd, 2013, 7:35am

You hit the nail on the head--I haven't met any crazy duck collectors like me yet either.  There are probably many of us out there in the same boat.  Independently of each other we all became addicted to this special hobby that laypeople find to be somewhat peculiar...at best.
SqueakyQuack
Re: regional rubber duck collectors' meetings    posted on Apr 24th, 2013, 2:09am

haha right!  I used to collect duckies as a little kid and now that I'm older my cousin that's a couple of years older than me thought I outgrew it.. but I didn't  Tongue ..and probably never will lol

I don't know what it is, I just think they're so cute and so much fun.  I just need a duckhunting buddy  cry
Howard_The_Duck
Re: regional rubber duck collectors' meetings    posted on Apr 25th, 2013, 4:28pm

I as well as many other isolated rubber duck collectors throughout the world (not simply in the U.S. and Canada) feel the same way.  It would be wonderful if some rubber duck collectors would organize some collectors meetings in a local cafe in their region (but preferably not a Starbucks even if I do have the Starbucks application on my cell phone).  I personally am a rather dull follower (as evidenced by the above-mentioned reference to my Starbucks cell phone application), not a leader.  So I am hoping that some more charismatic duck collectors eventually step forward.
Register to Reply Register to Reply Rubber Duck Information Rubber Duck Information Help Help Search Search Pages: 1