Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Duck Fan Forum > Rubber Duck Information > Melissa & Doug DYO Duck at World Market
Register to Reply Register to Reply Rubber Duck Information Rubber Duck Information Help Help Search Search Pages: 1
Melissa & Doug DYO Duck at World Market (Read 423 times)
laraduck
Melissa & Doug DYO Duck at World Market    posted on Apr 6th, 2013, 4:20pm

Found these at World Market for $7.99. Has anyone done one? I'll have to see if it works. The paint pots look tiny, but at least they thought to include two yellows  Smiley
squeakyquack307
Re: Melissa & Doug DYO Duck at World Market    posted on Apr 7th, 2013, 7:23am

Ahh cool! I bought a set just like this last year when I went snowboarding at the Windham!  I painted the body red and the beak yellow because I thought it would be cute to make it look old fashion.  And for the finishing touch I made the eyes blue just because its not something you see everyday on a rubber duckie.  Its been a year and I'm happy to say the paint on the duckie has held up for the most part although some of its fading.  And the duckie has a generally pleasant smell too  Shocked  

Here's how mine came out:

Have fun! We wanna see your work of art when it's finished! hehe
laraduck
Re: Melissa & Doug DYO Duck at World Market    posted on Apr 7th, 2013, 4:32pm

Cool! Yours looks great! I want mine to be either yellow with polka dots or some other color that I'll have to mix with the paint given, like purple or green. I was wondering what kind of paint it was and if I could buy some different colors.... like is it special paint that adheres to plastic, or is the duck made out of some special material? It feels rougher than usual vinyl. Maybe both.
digicolleen
Re: Melissa & Doug DYO Duck at World Market    posted on Apr 7th, 2013, 4:51pm

That looks great! Michaels has some paint pens that I used to draw on a vinyl toy one time. It worked out pretty well. They were acrylic paint.
squeakyquack307
Re: Melissa & Doug DYO Duck at World Market    posted on Apr 7th, 2013, 8:55pm

Cool, polka dots seems like a cute idea!  Tongue Hmm I'm not sure, maybe it says on the back of the box.  But I was still able to squeeze the duckie even though it didn't squeak  Angry

laraduck
Re: Melissa & Doug DYO Duck at World Market    posted on Jun 2nd, 2013, 7:59pm

Here's mine finished... I wanted to mix the blue and red to make purple but came out with a berry color... Messy in the eyes area but I like it and it dried quickly  Smiley
SqueakyQuack
Re: Melissa & Doug DYO Duck at World Market    posted on Jun 8th, 2013, 6:19am

Aww cute laraduck!  Smiley It's okay, mines messed up in the eye area too a little.  We're humans, not machines lol I've been seeing these Melissa and Doug sets all over the place now! And they even sell different animals to paint
Register to Reply Register to Reply Rubber Duck Information Rubber Duck Information Help Help Search Search Pages: 1