Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Duck Fan Forum > Rubber Duck Information > Ridiculous Rubber Duckie Prices in Manhattan
Register to Reply Register to Reply Rubber Duck Information Rubber Duck Information Help Help Search Search Pages: 1
Ridiculous Rubber Duckie Prices in Manhattan (Read 373 times)
squeakyquack307
Ridiculous Rubber Duckie Prices in Manhattan    posted on Apr 3rd, 2013, 6:40pm

I was in Manhattan last week for Spring break and came across a couple of tourist shops that had rubber duckies!  Wink I was all smiles until i turned one over and saw the price was $10.  They were the basic rubber ducks they sell at tourist shops like the liberty duck and some cowgirl/cowboy duckies.  I asked the lady if she could give me a discount because that price is ridiculous and she said no so I didn't buy any.  Afterwards I went to a couple of more stores and realized it wasn't just that one store that had those prices, it was all of them! $10 for one rubber duckie?  Angry I decided I could buy them online for a much cheaper price.  I was pretty disappointed though.

These are the cowboy/cowgirl duckies they had:

squeakyquack307
Re: Ridiculous Rubber Duckie Prices in Manhattan    posted on Apr 3rd, 2013, 6:43pm

squeakyquack307
Re: Ridiculous Rubber Duckie Prices in Manhattan    posted on Apr 3rd, 2013, 6:44pm

And this is the liberty duckie which I already have:

duckie
Re: Ridiculous Rubber Duckie Prices in Manhattan    posted on Apr 4th, 2013, 12:40am

That's amazing! 10 dollars just for one rubber duckie! Shocked
duck_fiend
Re: Ridiculous Rubber Duckie Prices in Manhattan    posted on Apr 4th, 2013, 7:50am

lol...once you get to a certain point your lucky if it only cost $10 per duck lol
sweetmelissa
Re: Ridiculous Rubber Duckie Prices in Manhattan    posted on Apr 4th, 2013, 11:31am

If they want to charge $10 for a regular old duck, they should at least put a logo on it. That's crazy. I wouldn't have bought those either. I know what you mean duckfiend. I've paid some crazy prices for a few of my must have duckies. I only need one last rubba duck, and it was on ebay a few months back. It sold for $225! I wasn't crazy enough to pay that lol.
digicolleen
Re: Ridiculous Rubber Duckie Prices in Manhattan    posted on Apr 4th, 2013, 4:41pm

Which Rubba was it? Genie D? I'm still obsessing over that one. Haha.

In Manhattan everything is expensive. And the little stores....they charge outrageous prices because their rent is sky high. I can't remember the last time I actually purchased a duck in NYC and I live here. I always order them online. Not only because they are cheaper online, but because it's hard to even FIND a rubber duck for sale in this city. Haha.
sweetmelissa
Re: Ridiculous Rubber Duckie Prices in Manhattan    posted on Apr 4th, 2013, 5:14pm

It was scotty. Only time I ever saw him on ebay. I get a little duck crazy, but I wasn't going to pay $225 for one duck lol.
duck_fiend
Re: Ridiculous Rubber Duckie Prices in Manhattan    posted on Apr 5th, 2013, 1:51am

if i ever find a genie d i would pay that much for it...lol, just because i have spent countless hours searching for him already i probably have spent $300 of my own time already hahah...that is crazy expensive for a plain old duck
sweetmelissa
Re: Ridiculous Rubber Duckie Prices in Manhattan    posted on Apr 5th, 2013, 2:57pm

I got my genie d off the german ebay. I think I paid around $50 for it.  If anyone has the scotty and is willing to sell it, let me know.
digicolleen
Re: Ridiculous Rubber Duckie Prices in Manhattan    posted on Apr 6th, 2013, 4:30pm

It's funny. I actually bought Scotty off the Rubba Ducks website shop about 6 years ago. I don't even think the Rubba website exists anymore. I'll keep an eye out for Scotty for you sweetmelissa. Genie D is a great duck too. I love the Rubba ducks. It's too bad the company doesn't seem to be around anymore.
lucy
Re: Ridiculous Rubber Duckie Prices in Manhattan    posted on Apr 7th, 2013, 3:53am

I bought three rubber ducks in NYC at MOMA and they were $3 each. I should have bought more, what duck collector hasn't said that afew times. Anyway when I went back  they were not carrying them any more. "Would you believe," the clerk said,"those were our best seller."Ahh when high art meets low art....
digicolleen
Re: Ridiculous Rubber Duckie Prices in Manhattan    posted on Apr 7th, 2013, 4:42pm

They should carry your artwork of the ducks instead, Lucy!
Register to Reply Register to Reply Rubber Duck Information Rubber Duck Information Help Help Search Search Pages: 1