Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Duck Fan Forum > Front Page Discussions > Duckfest 2013!!!
Register to Reply Register to Reply Front Page Discussions Front Page Discussions Help Help Search Search Pages: 1 2 3 
Duckfest 2013!!! (Read 3260 times)
lucy
Re: Duckfest 2013!!!    posted on Mar 22nd, 2013, 3:24am

Hey Colleen I sent you an email last night. I would love to take you up on your offer to ride with you guys from Las Vegas. I have some questions like are you driving back to Vegas? Or are you flaying back to NY from CA. Are you staying in CA Saturday night? I have to go up to Newburyport tomorrow but I 'll try to call you this weekend.
digicolleen
Re: Duckfest 2013!!!    posted on Mar 23rd, 2013, 4:57pm

I just sent you an email on hotels in Vegas. We are flying into Vegas (less traffic), getting up early on the day of Duckfest and driving to Hesperia. Then after Duckfest is over, we are going to drive back to Vegas and stay a few days there. We will probably stay in Planet Hollywood since my husband has accumulated a lot of points from gambling there. Haha. If you could get a room there, awesome. If not, we can always swing by and pick you up on the way to Duckfest, Lucy  Smiley

If anyone was thinking about staying in Vegas here is my advice. Go to Hotels.com, Vegas.com, Travelocity, or Las Vegas.com and look for deals. The Luxor and Flamingo are cheaper and nice to stay in. Since the MGM is so big, they are looking to fill rooms so you might find something cheap there, also. I would stay away from the Stratosphere and Circus Circus. (Circus Circus is a madhouse of kids running around because it is like a giant Chuck E Cheese. Haha.) Palms, Rio, and Hard Rock are nice too....off strip, but nice if you can a room there cheap.
lucy
Re: Duckfest 2013!!!    posted on Mar 31st, 2013, 2:57am

SmileyYeah! Skip bought me round trip tickets and made reservations at Planet Hollywood for me. A trip to Duckfest, an early Birthday present. What a guy, am I a lucky duck or what.  Roll Eyes
charlotte
Re: Duckfest 2013!!!    posted on Mar 31st, 2013, 5:30am

You are a lucky duck! Yay!!
duck_fiend
Re: Duckfest 2013!!!    posted on Mar 31st, 2013, 6:23am

im just going to drive up after work friday night...its a 7 hour drive so if i leave at 3 am we should make it by 1130, leaves me enough time to stop a mcdonalds and bathe lol
digicolleen
Re: Duckfest 2013!!!    posted on Mar 31st, 2013, 4:17pm

Wow! Are you still staying in Vegas, Chad?  

Yay! Lucy is riding with us! (and maybe another duck collector from Vegas might ride with us also).
Airthrow
Re: Duckfest 2013!!!    posted on Apr 17th, 2013, 3:32am

Hello Duck fans,  

Long time reader, new time member! My name's Ben, and my flock is currently closing in on 800! I'm pleased as pie to see duckfest so close to my home (Arizona) this year, so I will be doing everything I can to attend! But I'm afraid I don't know where to begin. Do I register, or what?  

Thank you so much in advance, and I look forward to talking to you all soon!

-Ben
Airthrow
Re: Duckfest 2013!!!    posted on Apr 17th, 2013, 3:39am

Ha, nevermind. I totally spaced on the giant RSVP at the bottom of the flyer!
digicolleen
Re: Duckfest 2013!!!    posted on Apr 17th, 2013, 4:24pm

800! Wowee! That's awesome! Welcome Ben! I look forward to meeting you and your wife at Duckfest! I just returned your email  Smiley
pteroducktyl
Re: Duckfest 2013!!!    posted on May 13th, 2013, 8:38pm

wish I could come cry
digicolleen
Re: Duckfest 2013!!!    posted on May 20th, 2013, 2:43am

I wish you could come too, pteroduckyl! It's going to be the Duckfest of the century!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Not to make anyone on Duckplanet feel guilty for missing this one, but Mike has THOUSANDS of ducks to give away! Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Plus-you will get to see Mike's duck room built specifically for his duck collection!! Floor to ceiling ducks from around the world!!!  

Alright everyone...If you HAVE NOT RSVP'd, be sure to do it! Mike is going to have name tags for the attendees and you need one to get in the door.  

squeakybeaks
Re: Duckfest 2013!!!    posted on May 20th, 2013, 8:08am

Stop making me drool!
I'm already sad I can't go   cry
duck_fiend
Re: Duckfest 2013!!!    posted on May 20th, 2013, 8:43am

im going to be bringing some of my most rare ducks as well to show and tell...you digi i was thinkjng we should have had a custom duck competition...that would have been fun...its alil late now, but maybe that could be something for future events!!! and no im going to vegas this week now...after duckfest im taking my wife to hollywood to go shopping lol, its our anniversary so i have to do something for her since i get duckfest lol
digicolleen
Re: Duckfest 2013!!!    posted on May 20th, 2013, 3:09pm

I was planning a custom duck competition....but it's just going to be one that we do there with some blank OTC ducks and some sharpies.  Kinda the same but not as fancy as what you are thinking. I also have Ducko (duck bingo) and duck trivia planned. There's going to be lots of winners for those games, but we have a lot of ducks to give away! I can't wait to see your rare ducks!  

Our spouses are good sports, aren't they? My husband is happy to go to Duckfest because he gets to spend time in Vegas. Haha.  

Squeakybeaks!!!!!! My Cheese and same name buddy!!! You can't goooooooo!Huh  cry cry

Also haven't heard from Valli or Judy......
duck_fiend
Re: Duckfest 2013!!!    posted on May 21st, 2013, 6:57am

well all of that sounds very fun...i cant wait...it seems like it is takinf forever to get here lol  Shocked
Register to Reply Register to Reply Front Page Discussions Front Page Discussions Help Help Search Search Pages: 1 2 3