Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Duck Fan Forum > Front Page Discussions > Duckfest 2013!!!
Register to Reply Register to Reply Front Page Discussions Front Page Discussions Help Help Search Search Pages: 1 2 3 
Duckfest 2013!!! (Read 3489 times)
charlotte
Duckfest 2013!!!    posted on Mar 4th, 2013, 4:59am

Calling all rubber duck hobbyists! Duckfest is back!!

Duckfest is open to all rubber duck hobbyists whether you collect, photograph, or make rubber duck art! There will be lots of fun duck themed games and you can meet some of the folks on Duckplanet! Duckfest is a happy place where you can talk about rubber ducks for hours with your fellow enthusiasts.

We are out in the desert this year (Hesperia, California) and there will be games and tons of giveaways. And we mean tons of giveways!  

This year our coordinator is Colleen (digicolleen on DP) and sponsor is Mike (havekidsdonttravel on DP) who will be showing off the Duck Room to end all duck rooms.  Huge thank you sto Colleen for coordinating and to her husband Fletch for designing the crazy good invitation and to Mike for sponsoring our first ever desert Duckfest!

mrquackers
Re: Duckfest 2013!!!    posted on Mar 4th, 2013, 5:54pm

I won't be able to attend.  Sad  Just want to say I like the graphics on the poster.

MrQ
digicolleen
Re: Duckfest 2013!!!    posted on Mar 5th, 2013, 4:49pm

Thanks MrQ! My husband is responsible for most of it including the graphic design (with my input on some of the composition) Wink. Ahhh- I wish you could make it!  Sad

Hey everyone- I'm so honored to be the organizer and master of ceremonies of activities and duck games at this Duckfest because this Duckfest is going to be the best one yet! There are going to be so many ducks to give away at this Duckfest that it would blow your mind! If you live anywhere around the area, you should seriously consider coming to this one. If you don't live close, you should still consider coming out! June is the perfect time for a vacation  Wink Wink  It is open to all rubber duck hobbyists whether you collect or photograph or make rubber duck art! There will be lots of fun duck themed games--and it's also a lot of fun meeting some of the folks on Duckplanet and talking about rubber ducks all day!!!!  Smiley Smiley Smiley I hope to see you all there!
duckie
Re: Duckfest 2013!!!    posted on Mar 5th, 2013, 7:37pm

I wish I could attend but it's too far away from Massachusetts. cry
ducksmile
Re: Duckfest 2013!!!    posted on Mar 5th, 2013, 8:13pm

Ahhhh but nothing is too far away for the wonderful Duckfests!!
sweetmelissa
Re: Duckfest 2013!!!    posted on Mar 5th, 2013, 10:08pm

I can't attend, but I'm willing to buy any leftover duckies that I don't have lol.
lucy
Re: Duckfest 2013!!!    posted on Mar 7th, 2013, 2:49am

I'm hoping to make it out this year. Can you give some suggestions of places to stay nearby. How far are you from the airport?
digicolleen
Re: Duckfest 2013!!!    posted on Mar 7th, 2013, 4:38pm

Yay! Mike is getting a list of hotels together at the moment! I'll send them to you when I know. Mike says he is 42 miles north of the LA/Ontario Airport. If you go to google maps, you can see the airport in relationship to where he lives (in Hesperia).  

duck_fiend
Re: Duckfest 2013!!!    posted on Mar 7th, 2013, 7:13pm

it takes a little over an hour from the airport...california traffic is bad lol
digicolleen
Re: Duckfest 2013!!!    posted on Mar 8th, 2013, 2:59am

Are you talking about the LA/Ontario airport or LAX? You and your family are coming out to Duckfest, right?  

This is gonna sound a little "quackers," but my husband and I are going to stay in Vegas and take the 2 or so hour drive out to Duckfest. There's no traffic and we love Vegas. Haha.

duck_fiend
Re: Duckfest 2013!!!    posted on Mar 8th, 2013, 4:08am

lol...we were thinking the same thing lol..i have tickets to fly to anywhere in the U.S, we were thinking of coming to new york to see a broadway show, but i might just use them to fly to vegas...im coming, im trying to talk my wife into coming but she isnt a duck enthusiast like i am...she came with me last time i went to mikes and i was a 8 hour drive while she was pregnant...so i dont thin she would be willing to be stuck in the car that long again..especially since she had to hold a large duck on her lap the whole way home lol
lucy
Re: Duckfest 2013!!!    posted on Mar 8th, 2013, 4:18am

Well I was thinking about going by myself. I don't drive at night anymore unless I absolutely have too and  know the area very well.  So I was hoping he was close enough to the airport that I could take a cab. But Vegas, hmmm, that might interest the old man. Stay tuned. Roll Eyes
digicolleen
Re: Duckfest 2013!!!    posted on Mar 8th, 2013, 5:03pm

If enough people wanted to stay in Vegas, we could all drive out together.  

That's funny Chad! Your wife is a good sport Smiley
duck_fiend
Re: Duckfest 2013!!!    posted on Mar 10th, 2013, 10:19am

lol...well she was happy that i was happy, and we had a great time meeting mike...i cant wait for it this year im so excited to meet you guys and hang out...
digicolleen
Re: Duckfest 2013!!!    posted on Mar 20th, 2013, 1:18am

Hey guys, I just wanted to update you on some of the hotels near Duckfest that Mike sent me. If anyone is flying in, the airport is in Ontario, CA and the best place to stay would be the city of Rancho Cucamonga. That would give you the best hotels, dining, entertainment, and access to the airport.

If anyone does not to stay there here are the 2 closest hotels:

1. Springhill suites 9625 Mariposa Rd, Hesperia, CA 92345  
2. Hawthorn suites 11750 Dunia Road, Victorville, CA 92392....the address on this one is confusing but the hotel is easy to get to from highway 15. You exit Bear Valley and immediately turn on Amargosa Road passing Walmart and Sonic. You can see the hotel from the highway also. If anyone has any questions on the location you can call them at (760) 949-4700 and they will happily help you.

It would not be a good idea to stay anywhere else in Hesperia other than those 2 hotels because some of the cheap hotels can be shady.  

Also another suggestion....the high desert is not really a tourist destination so another good idea might be to tie in a trip to Disneyland or the beach and get a cheaper hotel there. Vegas is 3 hours away so that could even be an option if you don't mind the drive and would like to see Vegas. You can get deals there as well.
Register to Reply Register to Reply Front Page Discussions Front Page Discussions Help Help Search Search Pages: 1 2 3