Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Duck Fan Forum > Duck Exchange Marketplace: Listings and Discussion > A soldier and his dead ducky... seriously...
Register to Reply Register to Reply Duck Exchange Marketplace: Listings and Discussion Duck Exchange Marketplace: Listings and Discussion Help Help Search Search Pages: 1
A soldier and his dead ducky... seriously... (Read 404 times)
DeployedSoldier
A soldier and his dead ducky... seriously...    posted on Feb 17th, 2013, 8:03pm

Hey everyone,  

So this is a bit odd but I was curious as to whether anyone happens to have this little black rubber ducky with green X's for eyes. I.e. the attached picture.  

I'm an active duty soldier currently deployed overseas and on the way here my identical ducky was lost. There's a lot of back story as to how I came to have that duck in the first place and after trying to track mine down in every way I could think of I have come to realize that I won't be able to recover it. I've was seriously on hold for hours with the airport that I remember last seeing it... you can only imagine the reactions I've gotten from people when they realize I'm serious about trying to track down a rubber duck...

Anyway! I started searching the internet to try to purchase a new one but apparently it is no longer made. That being the case I started trying to find collectors or people with posted pictures of this particular duck. When I found DuckPlanet I thought that perhaps I would post to the site before starting to ask specific collectors about buying this duck off of them. If someone would be willing to part with theirs I would love to hear from them. Obviously I would be more than willing to compensate you for the duck and for the shipping of it.  

I'm sure this sounds pretty ridiculous but it's a sentimental value type thing, ya know? Hope to hear back from someone!

-Andre  

wanderernotlost13@yahoo.com
PureRoses
Re: A soldier and his dead ducky... seriously...    posted on Feb 17th, 2013, 8:22pm

Hello,
There is no picture?
Perhaps you mean this duck? http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Dead-Duck-Black-Rubber-Duck-Zombie-Bathroom-Toy-Gothi c-Emo-Punk-Office-Bedroom-/251188246050
It is for sale at ebay. I don't know which duck else it could be, I'm sorry.
I wish you good luck with finding one!
DeployedSoldier
Re: A soldier and his dead ducky... seriously...    posted on Feb 18th, 2013, 5:28am

I don't know why the attachment didn't go through the first time. Here it is again.  

I've seen the duck that the Ebay auction is on, it's not the same one. Trust me, I've tried everything from Ebay to Amazon to calling up shops I remember seeing this little guy at from NYC to DC.  

-DS

PS: Once again the attachment didn't go despite the fact that when I go to edit the post it says that I do have an attachment included in my post. That being the case, here's a link to a picture of the duck in question:

http://www.sxc.hu/pic/m/n/ni/nitewind23/638995_dead_rubber_ducky.jpg
duck_fiend
Re: A soldier and his dead ducky... seriously...    posted on Feb 18th, 2013, 8:36am

hey man...i have a couple of that one probably...my email is team_chadshelton@yahoo.com...send me an email with your info and ill let you know if i got it or not...im assuming you have an fpo address so it would be free to ship
duck_fiend
Re: A soldier and his dead ducky... seriously...    posted on Feb 18th, 2013, 8:39am

its an ACCROUMENTS duck...they make the DEVIL series of ducks, as well as funny emotion ducks, this dead duck being the last in the series...if you check their website you should still be able to get it as well
ducksmile
Re: A soldier and his dead ducky... seriously...    posted on Feb 18th, 2013, 3:00pm

When I go home tonight, I will also look and see if I have an extra of this duck if you can't find one.  My son,daughter in law and "ex" are ex military.  Thanks for serving!
Register to Reply Register to Reply Duck Exchange Marketplace: Listings and Discussion Duck Exchange Marketplace: Listings and Discussion Help Help Search Search Pages: 1