Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Duck Fan Forum > Rubber Duck Collectors Cafe > Fixing up duck paint job?
Register to Reply Register to Reply Rubber Duck Collectors Cafe Rubber Duck Collectors Cafe Help Help Search Search Pages: 1
Fixing up duck paint job? (Read 326 times)
Erte
Fixing up duck paint job?    posted on Jan 25th, 2013, 10:05pm

Hi, I'm a bit of a perfectionist about my collection and it bothers me when my ducks aren't painted perfectly.  I would like to try to remove some of the extra paint around the beak/eyes of some of my worse ducks.  Does anyone know how to accurately remove a bit of paint off of their ducks without damaging them?  If so, how can I do this?  Thanks!
dutchducky
Re: Fixing up duck paint job?    posted on Jan 26th, 2013, 9:07pm

You can remove extra paint & spots on your ducks easily with nailpolishremover and a cotton swab.
If the extra paint is on the (often yellow) basiscolour of your duck, this works perfectly.
But watch out if there are more layers of paint, you might remove the deeper layers (unwanted) too...
Maybe better try out on a spare duck first!
Livducks
Re: Fixing up duck paint job?    posted on Jan 27th, 2013, 9:23pm

I second what Dutchducky said, nail polish remover works great - I just wanted to recommend using the non-acetone kind, which is less harsh on plastics and won't dissolve vinyl like the acetone kind may do  Smiley
Erte
Re: Fixing up duck paint job?    posted on Jan 28th, 2013, 3:10am

Thanks for the help!  I am trying to remove the paint on the yellow body so this is perfect.  Out of curiosity, is it actually possible to remove just one layer of paint?
Register to Reply Register to Reply Rubber Duck Collectors Cafe Rubber Duck Collectors Cafe Help Help Search Search Pages: 1