Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Duck Fan Forum > Rubber Duck Collectors Cafe > New Duck Art Exhibit
Register to Reply Register to Reply Rubber Duck Collectors Cafe Rubber Duck Collectors Cafe Help Help Search Search Pages: 1
New Duck Art Exhibit (Read 284 times)
lucy
New Duck Art Exhibit    posted on Jan 2nd, 2013, 10:00am

I'm having a new exhibit of "Pressed Duck" and some new prints from the "Paradox" series.If you're in the area please stop in.
duck_fiend
Re: New Duck Art Exhibit    posted on Jan 3rd, 2013, 6:48am

lucy i love your art...ive been collecting random little ducks to fill up a huge glass vase i got, how do you melt down the ducks without burning the rubber...every time i try and melt them down they turn black or brown
lucy
Re: New Duck Art Exhibit    posted on Jan 3rd, 2013, 2:23pm

I use a old Salton warming tray which provides the slow gentle heat you need. Then I use a heat gun very sparingly to adjust the facial expression I'm looking for. Once that is achieved I sandwich the duck between two pieces of plywood and put it in a vice for a few to 24 hours. Because different companies use different formulas for the plastic heating times are all over the place. Real rubber ducks like the Lanco don't melt. You have to be very patience, it takes a long time. Hope this helps. My "Pressed Duck" in this exhibit is made up of 101 unique ducks. Each duck is sandwiched between plexi glass which is held together with wing nuts. It took about two years to complete and you can see it on my web site:http://www.lucysandersceery.net
Register to Reply Register to Reply Rubber Duck Collectors Cafe Rubber Duck Collectors Cafe Help Help Search Search Pages: 1