Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Duck Fan Forum > Rubber Duck Collectors Cafe > Pictures of your duck collection
Register to Reply Register to Reply Rubber Duck Collectors Cafe Rubber Duck Collectors Cafe Help Help Search Search Pages: 1 2 3 
Pictures of your duck collection (Read 2689 times)
squeakyquack307
Pictures of your duck collection    posted on Aug 17th, 2012, 4:23pm

As of today I have 177 unique ducks and am loving it!  I've been collecting ever since I was a little kid Smiley  

I started this post for the purpose of show and tell so everyone can share pictures of their duck collection today, tomorrow and even a few years from now.  

What does your duck collection look like?
How many unique ones do you have?
How long have you been collecting?  

Ill go first!

Looking forward to seeing everyones collections! Wink  

Livducks
Re: Pictures of your duck collection    posted on Aug 18th, 2012, 1:20pm

Awesome collection! I need an up-to-date photo of my ducks, I'll get them all out when I get back from vacation and post it here  Smiley
squeakyquack307
Re: Pictures of your duck collection    posted on Aug 18th, 2012, 5:15pm

Okay, that sounds great!  Smiley I too need to update my duck flock picture before school starts
havekidsdonttravel
Re: Pictures of your duck collection    posted on Nov 11th, 2012, 10:10pm

This is my new duck room, I call it the museum.
The scale is hard to tell, but it is a 20 foot x 23 foot room with 10 foot tall ceilings

This room is specially insulated and has its own thermostat.  There are no windows and the lights are all led, so they do not omit any heat.  They only get turned on when someone is in the room.  I am trying to preserve the vintage ducks the best I can from light and heat.

sweetmelissa
Re: Pictures of your duck collection    posted on Nov 11th, 2012, 11:14pm

All I can say is WOW. I'm very impressed. The guys always seem to have the best duck rooms.
fishbone
Re: Pictures of your duck collection    posted on Nov 12th, 2012, 8:56am

absolutely stunning.
digicolleen
Re: Pictures of your duck collection    posted on Nov 12th, 2012, 2:23pm

Jaw dropping! I love how you have them displayed.
duckshop
Re: Pictures of your duck collection    posted on Nov 12th, 2012, 8:54pm

Unbelievebal - you are my heroe!
duck_fiend
Re: Pictures of your duck collection    posted on Nov 13th, 2012, 8:48am

i just want to sleep in that room for a couple day lol...have a duck slumber party
duck fever
Re: Pictures of your duck collection    posted on Nov 13th, 2012, 11:20pm

Deeply impressed, this arrangement is really the best! Congrats on your "museum" @havekidsdonttravel! How many duckies altogether does it contain?

Our collection nearly counts 1800 different ducks. It's quite a shame, but we still keep them all in simple boxes. Just a couple of days ago we took a part of the ducks out for a quick shooting - blatant counterpart to your pics:

... and yet we are very proud of our collection *lol*

Greetz from Berlin,
Evi
ZombieDuckNYY
Re: Pictures of your duck collection    posted on Nov 14th, 2012, 2:13am

lovely collection... thanks for sharing Smiley
squeakyquack307
Re: Pictures of your duck collection    posted on Nov 15th, 2012, 4:58pm

All I can say is WOW!!! OUTSTANDING!!! Havekidsdonttravel, thats some collection you got  Wink May I ask how long it took you to collect all of them?  You're like our hero along with Charlotte of courseTongue

Duck fever, awesome collection too!!! So happy to be meeting all these collectors.   Wink  I have roughly 200 unique duckies, but keep them in plastic bins from target since I don't have that much room.  Do your ducks paint rub onto each other when you keep them in boxes?  Sometimes mine do and it annoys me so much   Angry
fishbone
Re: Pictures of your duck collection    posted on Nov 16th, 2012, 9:41am

Any chance for higher resolution pictures? (I know that opening the pictures link in a new tab will show the original pictures but still not very detailed even that way)
Brilliant, once again.
havekidsdonttravel
Re: Pictures of your duck collection    posted on Nov 18th, 2012, 3:41pm

Thanks for the kind remarks about my collection room.  I spent a lot of time planning out how I wanted the room.  I have been collecting since my daughter was born in 2000.  She wound up with 3 ducks, and it grew from there.  Three became 10, before we knew it, the bathroom was full of ducks, and you get the idea.  

As far as the number of ducks that I have, I do not know.  The last time I actually counted, there was over 7000. Last year when I bought out Doug Labidee's collection, there was such an influx, my already overcrowded room, became overwhelmed, and it made it impossible to even see what I had.  I found at least 50 duplicates when I moved into the new room and could actually see what I had.

Fishbone- I do have high resolution pics, but I cant figure out how to post them in hi res.  Can I e-mail them to you directly?

Duck_fiend - you had posted you wanted to sleep in the room, You are welcome anytime.  

Actually, if anyone is ever in Southern California, let me know.  I would love to show the collection to any fellow duck collectors.
fishbone
Re: Pictures of your duck collection    posted on Nov 18th, 2012, 4:26pm

Quote from havekidsdonttravel on Nov 18th, 2012, 3:41pm:

Fishbone- I do have high resolution pics, but I cant figure out how to post them in hi res.  Can I e-mail them to you directly?
Actually, if anyone is ever in Southern California, let me know.  I would love to show the collection to any fellow duck collectors.

Please do! rinatm AT yahoo Dot com
when the parasite is old enough to travel to the US - definitely hoping to arrange a view of your collection. Smiley
Register to Reply Register to Reply Rubber Duck Collectors Cafe Rubber Duck Collectors Cafe Help Help Search Search Pages: 1 2 3