Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Duck Fan Forum > Rubber Duck Collectors Cafe > How picky are you about your ducks?
Register to Reply Register to Reply Rubber Duck Collectors Cafe Rubber Duck Collectors Cafe Help Help Search Search Pages: 1
How picky are you about your ducks? (Read 527 times)
Jay23562
How picky are you about your ducks?    posted on Jul 21st, 2012, 4:01am

Hi! I'm Jay! I'm new here!  

As of today I have 38 duckies in my collection! I just got my 1st two World Market duckies after reading that some of you get some duckies there! Thanks for the heads up!

Anyways, I was wondering how picky you guys are about the duckies you collect!  
Do you collect every duck you run across?  
Only ones you really like?  
And how picky are you about flaws in the paint?  
Is there a specific kind of duck you would never put in your collection?

Can't wait to read your answers!
ZombieDuckNYY
Re: How picky are you about your ducks?    posted on Jul 21st, 2012, 6:45pm

hey jay welcome Smiley  my name is kelly.  i collect all ducks ,... no matter how ugly or even if they are red sox ducks!
MonkeyDuck
Re: How picky are you about your ducks?    posted on Jul 22nd, 2012, 8:05am

I live in a small flat with limited space so I need to be quite picky. So I only collect logo ducks, glow in the dark ducks and green ducks. (with some exceptions).

When I first started collected, I collected everything. Sadly I had to get rid of most of my ducks when I moved here.
digicolleen
Re: How picky are you about your ducks?    posted on Jul 25th, 2012, 4:37pm

Red Sox ducks. Haha.

I collect ALL brands.....and some vintage. I have to be a little more picky (like MonkeyDuck) because I have limited room. It's hard because more and more awesome ducks keep coming out! I don't know if you guys have seen the new design for the "Devo Duck" but I'm going to HAVE to have it. Haha. Some of my older ducks have a few scuffs on them, but it's hard to keep them 100% clean as they age. Sometimes I collect some ducks BECAUSE they have flaws. For example.....ducks missing paint from production (or pro-duck-tion)  Wink because it makes them unique.
squeakyquack307
Re: How picky are you about your ducks?    posted on Aug 10th, 2012, 4:24pm

Hi Jay, welcome to Duckplanet!  Smiley
When it comes to collecting ducks I can be picky because I don't want to go to far to the point where everyone thinks I'm insane for collecting so many  Shocked  Right now I have about 200 unique ducks and I love them all!! Everyone is different in their own way of collecting ducks and some companies appeal more to some than others.  For example, Lanco is my ultimate favorite rubber duck company.  I can't resist those dough faces and I love that latex feel!  I even collect some of the other squeak toy animals Lanco sells, they're so cute!!  Most of the time when I buy ducks I have to like them.  I'm not really into collecting celebriducks or Rubba ducks and recently just got my first Bud. -claps- But like I said everyone is different and likes different things.  Im also more of a "plain" collector.  I love collecting classic yellow ducks and get excited when I see new molds in stores.  Lately I've noticed that a lot of occupational ducks have the same faces, just different apparel/accessories so I try to only get a few since those kind of are the same.  I love getting as much variation at possible!  Probably just like every other duck collector, I love getting surprised when I see a duck I don't have in the most unexpected store!  Well, thats my duck story  Wink Quack quack!
duck_fiend
Re: How picky are you about your ducks?    posted on Aug 30th, 2012, 12:14pm

i collect every duck that i see...i love them all, manner of fact im looking at buying a house that house a large basement just so i have more room for my ducks (and new baby of course lol)... being picky about which ones you collect is fine, esecially when it comes to space issues, but never be afraid of being insane lol...it comes with duck collecting...and last count of my collection i have just under 5,500!!!
Register to Reply Register to Reply Rubber Duck Collectors Cafe Rubber Duck Collectors Cafe Help Help Search Search Pages: 1