Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Duck Fan Forum > Rubber Duck Collectors Cafe > the start of your collection!
Register to Reply Register to Reply Rubber Duck Collectors Cafe Rubber Duck Collectors Cafe Help Help Search Search Pages: 1 2 3 
the start of your collection! (Read 2066 times)
ZombieDuckNYY
the start of your collection!    posted on Nov 24th, 2011, 2:52pm

I thought it would be fun to see everyone's first ducky and/or hear their story on how they started collecting..  

I bought this duckie at Walmart maybe 9 years ago.  I thought it was just so cute in it's little sailor outfit!  I bought him so he could hang out in my little yellow car (my first car Smiley  ) ... a few weeks later I bought the blue one, also from Walmart.  They both hung out in my car... and it was quite some time before I started getting any other ducks.  I kept them in my car, mostly OTC.  I worked in a preschool and the kids and families always commented on the ducks in my car and started giving me the ducks they had, and buying me new ducks!  My car, at this time was my VW Beetle, filled up with ducks on the dash.  The beetle has a huge dash space... I filled it all with ducks, I'd say 95% OTC ducks.  I had to get double stick tape for them because obvious they all wouldn't stay while I drove.  After there was no space left, and I started buying and receiving larger ducks, I took them out and kept some on my dresser.  I remember having about 50 and people thought that was impressive haha.  

So that's my story of my first ducks!  Here's a photo... nevermind the cat in the background that just HAS to be in everything I do Smiley  

ZombieDuckNYY
Re: the start of your collection!    posted on Nov 24th, 2011, 2:54pm

and a happy thanksgiving to all of my fellow Americans! : Smiley
ZombieDuckNYY
Re: the start of your collection!    posted on Nov 24th, 2011, 3:03pm

i see there is a green one also!  he is on ebay ,,, if anyone has a double of this and would wanna trade i would love to get him Smiley
sweetmelissa
Re: the start of your collection!    posted on Nov 24th, 2011, 5:40pm

This is the duckie that started it all for me

I was walking through a party hardy with my sister who collected ducks, and this little red devil just jumped out at me. It's been an addiction ever since.
ZombieDuckNYY
Re: the start of your collection!    posted on Nov 25th, 2011, 12:10am

hes adorable Melissa.. who could resist!  Thanks for sharing Smiley .. how long ago was it?
sweetmelissa
Re: the start of your collection!    posted on Nov 25th, 2011, 3:13am

It was in feb '09. And at the time I thought my sister was crazy because she collected ducks lol.
ZombieDuckNYY
Re: the start of your collection!    posted on Nov 25th, 2011, 11:01pm

Melissa... does she collect rubber ducks too?!  Does she still now?  My sister and I have nothing at all in common haha.  

BTW - I will send your duck this week!  I didn't forget you, I am SO sorry... short week with the holiday and been busy but it'll be better, I promise this week!
sweetmelissa
Re: the start of your collection!    posted on Nov 25th, 2011, 11:11pm

Yes she still collects. Proof that insanity runs in families lol. I actually forgot all about the ducks. Your box is still sitting in my basement waiting to be mailed.
ZombieDuckNYY
Re: the start of your collection!    posted on Nov 26th, 2011, 2:44am

thats cool that you guys share that!  who has more?  she doesnt come on hereHuh
sweetmelissa
Re: the start of your collection!    posted on Nov 26th, 2011, 2:46am

Yeah we do a lot of bonding over the duckies. Hard to say who has more because she refuses to count hers. She does come on here every day, she just doesn't do much posting.
ZombieDuckNYY
Re: the start of your collection!    posted on Nov 27th, 2011, 12:58am

that's very cool...
ZombieDuckNYY
Re: the start of your collection!    posted on Nov 27th, 2011, 3:34pm

we are the only ones that wanted to share our story!   Shocked
duck_fiend
Re: the start of your collection!    posted on Nov 30th, 2011, 12:24am

hahaha...everybody already knows my story...and melissa's sister is a lovely woman!!!! That is another thing they have in common  Wink
duck_fiend
Re: the start of your collection!    posted on Nov 30th, 2011, 12:25am

oh and i think i have an extra green one...who have never asked or you wold have already had it!!! Ill check when i get home
J. D. Thyme
Re: the start of your collection!    posted on Nov 30th, 2011, 5:15pm

I kinda shared my story in my own thread, which is why I didn't post it here.... then I decided I had to participate.

This little guy was #1 for me.

DSC08336 by jdsmith1021, on Flickr

Saw him at a bookstore, fell in love. Who knew that less than two years later he would have over 500 friends?
Register to Reply Register to Reply Rubber Duck Collectors Cafe Rubber Duck Collectors Cafe Help Help Search Search Pages: 1 2 3