Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Duck Fan Forum > Other Interests and Chit Chat > Need honest opinions, please!
Register to Reply Register to Reply Other Interests and Chit Chat Other Interests and Chit Chat Help Help Search Search Pages: 1
Need honest opinions, please! (Read 701 times)
Livducks
Need honest opinions, please!    posted on Oct 15th, 2010, 11:28pm

Okay, funny, question, but here's the thing... I've loved using clay for a long time, but recently I began to think I needed to branch out a little bit, like by making different things and using different methods and tricks to make my pieces more unique. So I began experimenting and I came up with a few things, especially foods, that I have been trying to make as realistic looking as possible. The thing is, I really love making things out of clay and I want to improve. I need an honest opinion from someone because I can't judge it myself. I already asked my grandma and my art teacher, both who are artistic and I trust very much, but they are both so sweet that they could never say anything bad, so I'm still not sure. Please tell me what you like/dislike about the clay in the picture I posted, and tell me why also. I will not care a bit if you don't like it; I just want some honest criticism. Thanks!

sweetmelissa
Re: Need honest opinions, please!    posted on Oct 16th, 2010, 12:54am

Well you already know that I love your work!
Livducks
Re: Need honest opinions, please!    posted on Oct 16th, 2010, 1:13am

Aw, thanks! I'm very flattered that you like the things I made. I have fun making them too! It truly is really exciting to know you enjoy them.
mrquackers
Re: Need honest opinions, please!    posted on Oct 16th, 2010, 5:18am

The cake looks good, and if you sculptured that congratulations!

My poor eyes (and monitor) can barely make out the fruit, could you take some close ups?
I did use the zoom on the browser, and the strawberries (?) look like they need a little more texture, or maybe some seeds.  If they were suppose to be something else, blame my eyesight.

While talking about presentation, place the fruit a little deeper into the cake, that is the way it is done in real life.

You have quite the tallent there, something I know I never could do.  Keep up the good work and show us the results.
dutchducky
Re: Need honest opinions, please!    posted on Oct 16th, 2010, 8:39am

That looks very yummie and genuine, my compliments!
autmo
Re: Need honest opinions, please!    posted on Oct 16th, 2010, 7:18pm

i looked at the pictures of the food before reading and i thought it was real food! yes it looks good and i love the pictures of the ducks the are awesome
Livducks
Re: Need honest opinions, please!    posted on Oct 17th, 2010, 3:16am

Thanks everyone. I'm glad you like it!

Edit: My quote (below) didn't work!  Roll Eyes

[quote author=mrquackers link=num=1287185318/0#3 date=1287206334]

My poor eyes (and monitor) can barely make out the fruit, could you take some close ups?
I did use the zoom on the browser, and the strawberries (?) look like they need a little more texture, or maybe some seeds.  If they were suppose to be something else, blame my eyesight.

While talking about presentation, place the fruit a little deeper into the cake, that is the way it is done in real life.
quote]

Thanks for the advice Mrquackers! Yes, they are strawberries, and thanks for mentioning the texture. When I made it I wasn't quite sure how to make the strawberries look real, so I just brushed them with some very fine glitter. I agree they could use some work. Maybe I could try poppy seeds next time? And also, a close up:

From close they do look very sparkly and unrealistic. I'll work on that, and also the positioning of the fruit.   Thanks again! Smiley

Duckaru
Re: Need honest opinions, please!    posted on Jan 6th, 2011, 1:06am

I did get  bit of craving for cake with chocolate icing, but admit the berries didn't sell me. I like the idea of poppy seeds, that would look good! And the duckies are wonderful. Loaded with personality. How small are these ducks? (sorry I didn't get in on  this conversation earlier).
Livducks
Re: Need honest opinions, please!    posted on Jan 6th, 2011, 10:07pm

Thanks, Duckaru! I'll post some pictures once I make new strawberries with poppy seeds.  

The ducks are about 2 inches tall, give or take a little bit. Here is a picture of one next to a penny:

Duckaru
Re: Need honest opinions, please!    posted on Jan 7th, 2011, 2:21am

I love these guys. I think you have something here!
Livducks
Re: Need honest opinions, please!    posted on Jan 7th, 2011, 9:21pm

Thanks again, I hope so!  Smiley
Register to Reply Register to Reply Other Interests and Chit Chat Other Interests and Chit Chat Help Help Search Search Pages: 1