Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Duck Fan Forum > Other Interests and Chit Chat > Anyone have OCD or other disorders?
Register to Reply Register to Reply Other Interests and Chit Chat Other Interests and Chit Chat Help Help Search Search Pages: 1
Anyone have OCD or other disorders? (Read 858 times)
DarkWing_Duckling
Anyone have OCD or other disorders?    posted on Jan 27th, 2010, 3:46pm

I mainly collect ducks because of my OCD. I actually have a very strong phobia of birds. (That ones really tested a lot because my future cousin-in-laws have 3 parrots, an Amazon Grey, Blue Crested Amazon, and a Macaw!) However being the youngest of 5 siblings I led a very extremely poor existance with few toys until I was the last one let at home. My mother asked what themed I'd like "MY" bathroom to be, and the first thing that popped into my head? DUCKIES!

Ever since then I've just had a compultion to collect ducks. It started with duck bathroom novelty items to complete the collection. Then people started getting me regular rubber/plastic ducks. I think one of the reasons it really stuck is because there so cheap. It's very easy to pick up a 50 cent or $1 duckie from the grocery store while your there. Soon people think of you whenever they see ducks int eh store, and get them for you also because there so cheap.

My largest compultion is actually color coordinating though. I have a huge wardrobe, because I have to have something in every color. and it looks like a rainbow because I also organize by color. (White, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, black. brown goes between white and red if there is any) So that means I need 8 beanie and scarf sets, at least 8 dresses shoes purses eyeshadows headbands etc etc. I even have a set of childrens size (I'm little and they fit my portion size perfectly) plates, bowls, cups, and silverware. All rainbow.

Below is one of the pictures from my duckie collection album on my facebook. Notice that my eyeshadow is also yellow. I'm using the yellow peices of the set for this picture even though they don't have ducks on them because I still consider them part of my collection because I use them when I'm wearing my duck oriented clothing. Tongue
DarkWing_Duckling
Re: Anyone have OCD or other disorders?    posted on Jan 27th, 2010, 3:48pm

image didnt show. Trying to attach it again, and here's the link just incase. All you need is an account on facebook to see it, this album is public view.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=66964&id=100000245389840
fishbone
Re: Anyone have OCD or other disorders?    posted on Jan 28th, 2010, 1:21pm

When you attach it, you need to insert link of image here AFAIK
what was the name of the picture you were trying to attach?

look at that
MrBear
Re: Anyone have OCD or other disorders?    posted on Jul 9th, 2011, 8:34am

This is long after the original post, but what the heck... I have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. I have had it since childhood, but it was not officially diagnosed until I was about 10. Most of my OCD traits are very negative. Certain sounds (And related sights to a lesser extent) induce extreme anxiety and fear. Despite the illogical nature of such stimuli actually being at all threatening, I am unable to resist the reactions. That being said, I have been a collector of various items over the course of my life. Toys (Figures and plush toys) have remained a constant, while I also have collected video games for a long time. I also collect books and DVD's (Mostly anime). My materialism has gotten better than it once was.
Register to Reply Register to Reply Other Interests and Chit Chat Other Interests and Chit Chat Help Help Search Search Pages: 1