Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Duck Fan Forum > Front Page Discussions > European Duck Hunting Haul
Register to Reply Register to Reply Front Page Discussions Front Page Discussions Help Help Search Search Pages: 1 2 
European Duck Hunting Haul (Read 4985 times)
charlotte
European Duck Hunting Haul    posted on Sep 25th, 2009, 4:29am

Earlier this week, leduck and I returned from a trip to Europe where we visited Vienna, Austria; Munich, Germany; and Woerden, the Netherlands. We came back with our bags bursting with ducky loot. Although I spent most of the trip either working or sick with a cold, we still had some time for duck hunting and leduck made great use of his time by walking and biking (hooray for city sponsored bikes!) around. Unfortunately the time we were in Munich most of the shops were closed most of the time so about half the ducks pictured here were from Austria with the other half mostly from the Netherlands (aka Holland). We never imagined that we would come away with this many new rubber duckies to add to our collection. This is especially surprising given that I place regular orders with JustDucks.co.uk and the badeendwinkel.nl. Viva Europa! And kudos to leduck. If there were an IronDuck triathalon for duck hunting, I have no doubt that he would come in first.

Also folks keep asking me if my Dutch husband speaks Danish or German.  Here is a cheat sheet:
Dutch people are from the Netherlands (which some people call Holland). They speak Dutch.
Danish people are from Denmark. Danish people speak, guess what, Danish.
German people are from Germany and they speak German, but German's call the German language Deutsch and call Germany Deutschland.  
Okay, this is the end of the public service announcement. Now you can resume your ducky activities!
fishbone
Re: European Duck Hunting Haul    posted on Sep 25th, 2009, 7:30am

Looks like a great addition to the collection! few months ago we went for a long weekend in Vienna - came back with over 30 new ducks (most of the suitcase really)
and in 2 weeks we are in Amsterdam. My husband have no idea what's going to hit him..

Where did you get the tiger looking duckie from? and the lovely purple one with the hearts?
dutchducky
Re: European Duck Hunting Haul    posted on Sep 25th, 2009, 9:20am

Congratulations, that's a wonderful harvest  Tongue !

May I ask you: yellow/blue one with '8' on it's chest,  
is that a Dutch/Nederlandse/Hollandse  Wink duck too ?
samme10104
Re: European Duck Hunting Haul    posted on Sep 25th, 2009, 12:22pm

Awesome haul!
Wow, that German, Dutch, Danish thing is confusing, lol!
leduck
Re: European Duck Hunting Haul    posted on Sep 25th, 2009, 9:23pm

The tiger looking ducky and the yellow/blue one with '8' on it's chest both came from a pet store in Vienna called "Cats & Pets" (see www.cats-pets.at, but they don't seem to sell online). Frustratingly, the store sells 3 others, but I didn't find the store until the last day and I couldn't visit any of the other Vienna stores of the only-in-austria chain.

The purple one with hearts came from a dutch toy store chain Intertoys (three big ones and three small ones, all from same british(?) soap vendor).

Must-go-to-find-ducks stores in Amsterdam btw.:

the chains Xenos, Intertoys, Etos, Kruidvat, Expo and Blokker all on or near the main shopping street (Kalverstraat)
 small toy/stuffed animals store (knuffelwinkel?) on Sint Antoniesbreestraat
 De Beestenwinkel on Staalstraat 26
charlotte
Re: European Duck Hunting Haul    posted on Sep 25th, 2009, 9:52pm

Quote from leduck on Sep 25th, 2009, 9:23pm:

The purple one with hearts came from a dutch toy store chain Intertoys (three big ones and three small ones, all from same british(?) soap vendor).

The vendor was Bayliss and Harding who have sold stuff in the US at Target and at Ulta chain stores, but I have not seen these particular ducks in the US and do not think they have made it over here. If you are in the Netherlands you are in luck, however. The big ones came with bubble bath and the small ones came embedded in hard soap.
fishbone
Re: European Duck Hunting Haul    posted on Sep 26th, 2009, 10:25am

The tiger looking ducky and the yellow/blue one with '8' on it's chest both came from a pet store in Vienna called "Cats & Pets" (see www.cats-pets.at, but they don't seem to sell online). Frustratingly, the store sells 3 others, but I didn't find the store until the last day and I couldn't visit any of the other Vienna stores of the only-in-austria chain.

What a miss! should have visited few months ago while in Vienna! lucky enough I got friends still living there so will try and bribe them sending me a set Wink

Must-go-to-find-ducks stores in Amsterdam btw.:

the chains Xenos, Intertoys, Etos, Kruidvat, Expo and Blokker all on or near the main shopping street (Kalverstraat)
small toy/stuffed animals store (knuffelwinkel?) on Sint Antoniesbreestraat
De Beestenwinkel on Staalstraat 26

Will leave hubby in museum and I will no doubt spend most of 5 days looking for ducks, including duck shrine  De Beestenwinkel !  
dutchducky
Re: European Duck Hunting Haul    posted on Sep 28th, 2009, 3:49pm

Lovely duck-designs and such a  special grim glance !!!
What a pity, you didn't get them all (when you were so near)...
I've searched a long time, but couldn't find them online somewhere  cry

Quote from fishbone on Sep 26th, 2009, 10:25am:

What a miss! should have visited few months ago while in Vienna! lucky enough I got friends still living there so will try and bribe them sending me a set Wink

Wish I knew someone there too  ....  cry
SqueakyDucky
Re: European Duck Hunting Haul    posted on Sep 28th, 2009, 4:12pm

wow you've got a nice collection there!!  How many ducks do you have now??
leduck
Re: European Duck Hunting Haul    posted on Sep 29th, 2009, 10:32pm

Quote from fishbone on Sep 26th, 2009, 10:25am:

including duck shrine  De Beestenwinkel !

De Beestenwinkel has a few ducks, but isn't really a duckshrine (unless they have changed from last time I was there a few years ago?). Are you perhaps referring to the Badeendwinkel? That one is in Haarlem, a short 15 minute train ride away from Amsterdam (and aside from the ducks, Haarlem is a nice city to visit).
fishbone
Re: European Duck Hunting Haul    posted on Sep 30th, 2009, 7:57am

Quote from leduck on Sep 29th, 2009, 10:32pm:

De Beestenwinkel has a few ducks, but isn't really a duckshrine (unless they have changed from last time I was there a few years ago?). Are you perhaps referring to the Badeendwinkel? That one is in Haarlem, a short 15 minute train ride away from Amsterdam (and aside from the ducks, Haarlem is a nice city to visit).

Yep, that's the one, sorry Smiley
Got train details and all. Also taking a half empty suitcase so I can fill it with ducks  Shocked
duckshop
Re: European Duck Hunting Haul    posted on Oct 7th, 2009, 9:52pm

And of course the german/deutsche Duckshop in Rhede/Deutschland. Rhede is directly to the dutch border.
  www.duckshop.de
dutchducky
Re: European Duck Hunting Haul    posted on Oct 8th, 2009, 6:27am

Can your shop be visited "physically"Huh
duckshop
Re: European Duck Hunting Haul    posted on Oct 8th, 2009, 11:12am

We have only a warehouse. If you give me a date, when you will visit, we can arrange a meeting.
dutchducky
Re: European Duck Hunting Haul    posted on Oct 8th, 2009, 11:49am

OK thanks, that's a good thing to know  Smiley !
Register to Reply Register to Reply Front Page Discussions Front Page Discussions Help Help Search Search Pages: 1 2