Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Duck Fan Forum > Front Page Discussions > Duckfest 2009 A Success!
Register to Reply Register to Reply Front Page Discussions Front Page Discussions Help Help Search Search Pages: 1
Duckfest 2009 A Success! (Read 2321 times)
charlotte
Duckfest 2009 A Success!    posted on Aug 10th, 2009, 1:00am

(New York, New York, USA) Many thanks to Digicolleen and Fletch for hosting a fantastic Duckfest 2009!!  The 7th annual Duckfest, the world's only rubber duck collector's convention, was held on Saturday, July 25 in New York City and fun was had by all! About 27 people attended making it the largest Duckfest yet. This year attendees came from the states of New York, Rhode Island, New Jersey, California, and Washington.  

In addition to collectors we were fortunate to have duck bloggers, and duck photographers join our ranks. In attendance were long time Duckplanet members such as Lucy, Jbeep, Colleen, and the hosts Digicolleen and Fletch as well as yours truly and leduck from Duckplanet. Best yet, there were many new faces who we hope will join our Duckplanet community.

As usual we had duck selling and buying, and duck themed games including a rubber duck trivia contest and duck stacking, this year we also played a version of bingo called DUCKO. Lucy and digicolleen provided duck-themed cupcakes and cookies as well.

For the diehards who couldn't get enough, a handful of us went on to have dinner and then to explore the Duck Duck Bar in Brooklyn.

Thanks to Winston "Adventures of Tin Tin"http://www.flickr.com/photos/glady/ for letting us link to his flickr account for these wonderful Duckfest photos!

wildflower
Re: Duckfest 2009 A Success!    posted on Aug 11th, 2009, 8:08pm

I am so sorry I missed it this year, but it looks like it was a great success.  Hope everyone had a wonderful time.

Hugs,
rachel (wildflower)
Duckworth
Re: Duckfest 2009 A Success!    posted on Aug 27th, 2009, 1:39am

AWWWWWWW i wish i could have been there  again this year! it was so much closer to  me this time but i had way to much going on Sad oh well maybe next year glad everyone had fun Smiley
Ducky95 Re: Duckfest 2009 A Success!    posted on Aug 27th, 2009, 12:52pm

I wish I could have gone too. It looks like you guys had a great time!  Smiley
SqueakyDucky
Re: Duckfest 2009 A Success!    posted on Sep 1st, 2009, 8:46pm

cool!  when's the next duckfest coming up?  I'm gonna definitly go!
charlotte
Re: Duckfest 2009 A Success!    posted on Sep 1st, 2009, 11:19pm

My deepest apologies to Lucy and Betsy for having a temporary brain fart in the original article and writing "Betsy" instead of "Lucy". Obviously I know the difference having known both of them for several years.  Roll Eyes The mistake has been corrected.
charlotte
Re: Duckfest 2009 A Success!    posted on Sep 1st, 2009, 11:19pm

Quote from SqueakyDucky on Sep 1st, 2009, 8:46pm:
cool!  when's the next duckfest coming up?  I'm gonna definitly go!

Probably summer 2010!
lucy
Re: Duckfest 2009 A Success!    posted on Sep 2nd, 2009, 12:45pm

Roll Eyes Quote:
My deepest apologies to Lucy and Betsy for having a temporary brain fart in the original article and writing "Betsy" instead of "Lucy". Obviously I know the difference having known both of them for several years.   The mistake has been corrected.
Posted by: SqueakyDucky

Thanks Charlotte! No Harm done, just don't call me," Late for dinner or duck hunting!" Shocked
sassy_duck
Re: Duckfest 2009 A Success!    posted on Nov 27th, 2009, 8:01am

Hi everyone! I'm new on here -- and just discovered that Duck Fest exists! It looks amazing and I hope to be able to go this year. I thought I had a good collection -- but compared to everyone on here it seems kind of lame -- I only have about a hundred or so right now! Is there an official Duck Fest website with all the info on it, and is there any word yet on the location and date for 2010? I look forward to getting to know everyone on here soon!
Register to Reply Register to Reply Front Page Discussions Front Page Discussions Help Help Search Search Pages: 1