Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Duck Fan Forum > Front Page Discussions > Setting up the Duck Room 2
Register to Reply Register to Reply Front Page Discussions Front Page Discussions Help Help Search Search Pages: 1
Setting up the Duck Room 2 (Read 2221 times)
charlotte
Setting up the Duck Room 2    posted on Aug 5th, 2009, 2:04am

This is a photo of our Duck Room in progress as of May 21. At this point, we were beginning to panic a little because we had so many ducks in the shelves already and yet we still had very many boxes left to unpack. Will all the ducks even fitHuh Around this time, I sadly had to give up my desire to have all the vintage ducks displayed together, all the ducks I bought in or from Asia, displayed together. It mad me sad, because displaying like that creates a visual encyclopedia of duckies. But we had no choice, but to start placing them almost exclusively by size in order to maximize space. Really, what we need is a room two or three times larger in order to have not just a duck display, but a proper rubber duck museum! Still and all, these are good problems to have!!!
samme10104
Re: Setting up the Duck Room 2    posted on Aug 5th, 2009, 7:52am

Looks awesome!! Keep going and keep us updated with pics please!!   Cool
fishbone
Re: Setting up the Duck Room 2    posted on Aug 6th, 2009, 8:06am

wow, this is just amazing, any chance for higher res pics?
Duckaru
Re: Setting up the Duck Room 2    posted on Aug 6th, 2009, 4:23pm

Charlotte, does Ikea still make the birch and/or beech Billy cobinets? Is that what you have for your duck room? We fell in love with them for use as book and C.D. cases in our dining room, but when we went to buy new shelves for them we were told this color of Billys were discontinued. I was so disapointed I haven't been back since.  cry
charlotte
Re: Setting up the Duck Room 2    posted on Aug 7th, 2009, 12:20am

Back in the mists of time (okay only 6 or 7 years ago), Ikea had two separate colors for the Billy bookshelves. One was very light (birch), one was a bit orangey (beech). We bought the birch. At some point Ikea stopped making two and started making a birch/beech color which was much closer to the original birch but with a bit of an orangey color. This was sort of dumb since now the color didn't match anybody's old shelves. Some time, maybe about two years ago they started selling just plain old birch again (no beech). This was great for us because now they mostly matched our old one. So we have a combination of new and old Ikea birch cabinets. We love them. Several people have asked me if the cabinets were custom made for the duckies!
Duckaru
Re: Setting up the Duck Room 2    posted on Aug 7th, 2009, 6:03pm

If you squint you can't tell the shelves don't match (we have birches in our beeches..!)  
Your collection looks fanduckietastic, I hope they all fit.
Aru
dutchducky
Re: Setting up the Duck Room 2    posted on Aug 9th, 2009, 9:47am

Wow, that already is a big progress !

Please don't tease us and place LOT of pictures of the final result   Tongue ...

I would love to visit your private ducky-museum, isn't it possible to expand your house (an extra floor or something  Wink ) ?

wildflower
Re: Setting up the Duck Room 2    posted on Aug 11th, 2009, 8:06pm

Ikea's line of billy cabinets has expanded quite a bit actually.  If you go to www.Ikea.com and type in billy everything in that line will show up.

Regarding the glass door cabinets it comes in the following colors these days.

White  http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S69837889

Birch   http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S49837885

Medium Brown  http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S49831464

Black Brown  http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S09837887

Hope this helps.  Oh and Charlotte your room looks amazing.

Hugs,
Rachel
SqueakyDucky
Re: Setting up the Duck Room 2    posted on Aug 25th, 2009, 3:35am

cool Put up more pics!!!  Your an awsome collector!!
Register to Reply Register to Reply Front Page Discussions Front Page Discussions Help Help Search Search Pages: 1