Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Duck Fan Forum > Front Page Discussions > "Duck Duck Go" Board Game
Register to Reply Register to Reply Front Page Discussions Front Page Discussions Help Help Search Search Pages: 1
"Duck Duck Go" Board Game (Read 2263 times)
charlotte
"Duck Duck Go" Board Game    posted on Apr 20th, 2009, 3:04am

Duck Duck Go is a board game for 2-6 players ages 8 and up. The premise of the game is a duck race from point A to point B, but thanks to the modular playing board, there are numerous board configurations possible and you can make the board easier or more difficult depending on your preference. The markers are actual rubber duckies.

Instead of dice, each player draws a set of movement cards that show paths of various length (e.g 2 to 4 steps) and direction (e.g. curved, zig-zag, bent). Each turn the player must choose to play one of the movement cards and must play that card from the position that the duck is facing. There is a fair amount of strategy involved and this game draws on and develops spatial skills. Are you good at reading maps upside down? Sideways? If so, you will have an advantage playing this game. I'm not too good with that and let me tell you, this game was challenging, but in a fun way. I played Duck Duck Go with two other adults and we enjoyed it. Having the playing pieces be OTC (Oriental Trading Company) style ducks was just icing on the cake.

Depending on the number of people and the difficulty of the board the game usually lasts 20-40 minutes. You can buy the game directly from APE games http://apegames.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=APE0700& amp;Store_Code=AG or try your local game store. My brother Ted bought mine at Games of Berkeley in Berkeley, California.
Register to Reply Register to Reply Front Page Discussions Front Page Discussions Help Help Search Search Pages: 1