Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Duck Fan Forum > Front Page Discussions > Announcing Duckfest 2009 in NYC!!!
Register to Reply Register to Reply Front Page Discussions Front Page Discussions Help Help Search Search Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Announcing Duckfest 2009 in NYC!!! (Read 8136 times)
charlotte
Re: Announcing Duckfest 2009 in NYC!!!    posted on Jun 10th, 2009, 3:19am

I cannot wait for Duckfest!!!!  Oh, and I'm totally there for the apres duckfest activities too!  Cool
digicolleen
Re: Announcing Duckfest 2009 in NYC!!!    posted on Jun 10th, 2009, 10:27pm

I figured since it was Saturday night in NYC, some people might want to go out for dinner and drinks after Duckfest that evening. There are so many fun places out here. The options are endless.  

Quote from starrduck on Jun 9th, 2009, 6:05am:
i am new to this forum.  I have been collecting ducks for about 3 years.  I never knew about duckfest before.  I am so excited to go for my first time in july.

Did I send you an invite to Duckfest, starrduck?

squeakybeaks
Re: Announcing Duckfest 2009 in NYC!!!    posted on Jun 11th, 2009, 11:40am

I will be there! I got your invite, opened with sort of a flourish at the counter at the UPS store where I get my mail. Confetti went everywhere-I pretended what I said (loudly) was "Oh Duck!"  Shocked
jbeep2
Re: Announcing Duckfest 2009 in NYC!!!    posted on Jun 26th, 2009, 1:19am

Hi digi,
I was just wondering if there was a run down of activities for this year's fest.. such as games and should I bring extra ducks to sell/ trade?  I can't wait, 1 month to go as of today!!
digicolleen
Re: Announcing Duckfest 2009 in NYC!!!    posted on Jun 27th, 2009, 1:49am

Yes! Everyone-if you have ducks (or anything duckie) you want to sell or trade-please bring them! I will have tables set up for that.  

Also-I have some duck themed games planned...duck trivia and duck balancing (traditional duck games) and also duck bingo with fabulous prizes Wink

I will also have lunch there and dessert and..Lucy has also offered to bring some duck-a-licious duckie cookies!

After Duckfest, I thought it would be fun to hang out afterwards in the city somewhere for dinner and drinks. It's not part of Duckfest, but some people are coming in from out of town and I thought it would be fun to hang out together. We can decide where to go based on everyone's schedules, where they are staying, how crazy they want to get Wink etc.

1 month till Duckfest 09! Woohoo!
digicolleen
Re: Announcing Duckfest 2009 in NYC!!!    posted on Jul 7th, 2009, 1:36pm

I just found a fun bar out here (A bar with a rubber duck theme! ) to go to later the evening of the 25th (Duckfest) if anyone wants to go (just an option). You can see a couple of pics of it and the link here on Duckshow:

http://duckshow.com/2009/07/duck-duck-bar.html

Funny enough-the owners of Duck Duck Bar are from Seattle.  

Also-if anyone is going to be out here Tues the 21st, Fletch is going to DJ at Bar 12 starting at 8pm. Here is the link to Bar 12:

http://www.bar12.com/

Just another option if anyone will be out here the week before Duckfest. I will also post any events that I come across around that date for anyone looking for stuff to do out here  Smiley

18 more days until Duckfest! Woot Woot! Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

charlotte
Re: Announcing Duckfest 2009 in NYC!!!    posted on Jul 8th, 2009, 4:34am

Oooh! Ducky bar! Did you meet the owners? leduck and I don't get in until Thursday night before DF. Bummer that we are going to miss Fletch DJ-ing!
squeakybeaks
Re: Announcing Duckfest 2009 in NYC!!!    posted on Jul 8th, 2009, 9:03am

So do we have a count of who all is coming?

The bar sounds fun as long as I don't have to drink those god-awful "Duck Fart" Kaluha shots...   Tongue Angry
digicolleen
Re: Announcing Duckfest 2009 in NYC!!!    posted on Jul 9th, 2009, 3:37am

So far, almost 30 people have RSVP'd! Lots of adult collectors from around the East Coast! It should be pretty exciting! Most people will leave after Duckfest because they are driving in for Duckfest and driving back home. But I figure some people might want to hang out later, and Duck Bar is too perfect. They have a full bar so you can drink what you like. (Duck Fart....hmm...interesting). Haha.  

I met the owners. They may come to Duckfest, too.
jbeep2
Re: Announcing Duckfest 2009 in NYC!!!    posted on Jul 18th, 2009, 3:39pm

1 week!!!!! Smiley
digicolleen
Re: Announcing Duckfest 2009 in NYC!!!    posted on Jul 18th, 2009, 5:35pm

Duckfest is only a week away! Don't forget to mark your calendar for next Saturday, July 25th at the Creative Pier at 833 Broadway (and 13th Street in Union Square) on the third floor. If you have ducks to sell or trade and want to set them up, I will have tables for that-just get there at 12:30 to set them up. Otherwise the Duck-festivities will start at 1pm! I will have sandwiches (and duck-cakes) also if you want to have lunch there. If you get lost or need to reach me on the day of Duckfest I put my phone # on the invite-might want to take that down in case you get lost (you all shouldn't-but it is the "big city" Wink). Union Square is where the Creative Pier is located.

So when is everyone flying into NYC?

lucy
Re: Announcing Duckfest 2009 in NYC!!!    posted on Jul 18th, 2009, 11:52pm

CoolI'm driving down to Staten Island Friday with an ETA of 2:30 pm. I plan to bring some duck prints and I have a couple of Tolo's for sale or trade. You have my cell # so call me if you need anything. See you in a week!!! Smiley
charlotte
Re: Announcing Duckfest 2009 in NYC!!!    posted on Jul 23rd, 2009, 3:54am

Bring your dollars folks. I have just packed a whole suitcase full of ducks to sell!!
digicolleen
Re: Announcing Duckfest 2009 in NYC!!!    posted on Jul 23rd, 2009, 1:31pm

I got lots of ducks for sale, too! Yes! Bring your cash! Two more days! Woohoo!
Duckaru
Re: Announcing Duckfest 2009 in NYC!!!    posted on Jul 23rd, 2009, 6:21pm

I can't stand it! I haven't gone to a Duckfest yet, but I get such a contact rush from reading the messages about the folks that are going.  
Duckie endorphins are coursing through my brain. So excited for all ynz! Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Tongue Smiley Smiley
Register to Reply Register to Reply Front Page Discussions Front Page Discussions Help Help Search Search Pages: 1 2 3 4