Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Duck Fan Forum > Front Page Discussions > Announcing Duckfest 2009 in NYC!!!
Register to Reply Register to Reply Front Page Discussions Front Page Discussions Help Help Search Search Pages: 1 2 3  4
Announcing Duckfest 2009 in NYC!!! (Read 7799 times)
charlotte
Announcing Duckfest 2009 in NYC!!!    posted on Mar 10th, 2009, 5:58am

Rubber duck lovers everywhere, it is time to mark your calendars and start saving your pennies to travel to the "Big Apple" also known as New York City where Duckfest 2009 is taking place on July 25, 2009. Digicolleen and fletch have graciously offered to host Duckfest this year and digi put together the fantastic flyer above. Thanks, youse guys!!  

Duckplanet is abuzz because this if the long awaited East Coast Duckfest. Other Duckfests have taken place in Southern California, Illinois, and Washington State so we're looking forward to meeting a bunch of collectors from the East Coast including some long time Duckplanet posters (Can you say "postcardgirl"?) who we haven't yet had the pleasure to meet in person! More details about this year's Duckfest to follow in upcoming weeks and months!
jgerrish
Re: Announcing Duckfest 2009 in NYC!!!    posted on Mar 10th, 2009, 5:25pm

Congrats to digicolleen! That is a fantastic duck!
postcardgirl
Re: Announcing Duckfest 2009 in NYC!!!    posted on Mar 10th, 2009, 6:03pm

Nice, you mention me specifically and I can't make it!  cry

COOL DuckFest pic, Colleen!
charlotte
Re: Announcing Duckfest 2009 in NYC!!!    posted on Mar 10th, 2009, 7:57pm

Quote from postcardgirl on Mar 10th, 2009, 6:03pm:
Nice, you mention me specifically and I can't make it!  cry

Nooooo!!! Are you sure you can't make it?? You've been posted on DP since forever. I think you were one of the original 20 or so people posting on the old board, weren't you??
jgerrish
Re: Announcing Duckfest 2009 in NYC!!!    posted on Mar 11th, 2009, 2:07am

Will there be NYC ducks for sale to those who can't make it? My son's wedding is the same day.
lucy
Re: Announcing Duckfest 2009 in NYC!!!    posted on Mar 11th, 2009, 2:39am

ShockedI'll be there. Can't wait. I've got my room reserved and I'm hot to waddle. Can't wait to meet all you guys. Colleen, the picture is great as usual. L
samme10104
Re: Announcing Duckfest 2009 in NYC!!!    posted on Mar 11th, 2009, 2:55am

I wish I could afford to go!! cry
fishbone
Re: Announcing Duckfest 2009 in NYC!!!    posted on Mar 11th, 2009, 8:11pm

you are so lucky. Enjoy you all. Will there be Limitied Edition Duckfest ducks? Can I please reserve one?
charlotte
Re: Announcing Duckfest 2009 in NYC!!!    posted on Mar 11th, 2009, 9:17pm

Quote from lucy on Mar 11th, 2009, 2:39am:
ShockedI'll be there. Can't wait. I've got my room reserved and I'm hot to waddle. Can't wait to meet all you guys.

Lucy, I can't wait to meet you after all these years!! You've already got your room reserved? Do you know of some special hotel?? I was going to wait to find out where DF was gonna be before reserving a room.
duckfever
Re: Announcing Duckfest 2009 in NYC!!!    posted on Mar 11th, 2009, 10:17pm

Oh, this is so cool!!!!! Smiley
I was wondering, do you have like a flyer or something you send through the mail or emailHuh? Something that I could look over, I really want to go. I am moving back to the east coast over the summer. And I would love to go, I just need more information. If you dont have any information about it dont stress.  
Thanks!!!
Have fun, I know its going to be awsome!
DietCherryPetea
Re: Announcing Duckfest 2009 in NYC!!!    posted on Mar 11th, 2009, 10:30pm

I would love to go.  I live with a reasonable drive to NYC so hopefully I can make it.  Though I am unsure about getting time off work.
lucy
Re: Announcing Duckfest 2009 in NYC!!!    posted on Mar 12th, 2009, 3:10am

WinkWell actually I was born and raised on Staten Island. I still have some very  close friends who always have a bed for me. So I've already put in my request for a bed on the 25th. Skip, my husband, said he can already see that this one day Duckfest is probably going to turn into a four day weekend and he's probably right. But there are bargins to be had in the Big Apple. I'm sure Colleen can steer you to them better than I since I never have to stay at a Hotel. Smiley
digicolleen
Re: Announcing Duckfest 2009 in NYC!!!    posted on Mar 13th, 2009, 12:16am

Hello everyone,

So far here is who I have coming for sure:

Charlotte and Marcel
Colleen (squeakyb.)
Lucy
Jbeep

I need others to RSVP through the email above if you plan to attend so I know if I need to book a larger place or if I can have it where I live. As far as hotels-Hotels.com has the best deals. I'm not sure if I can get a group rate if I only have a couple of people staying in hotels because hotels get busy in the summertime. I'll post some hotels on Sunday that will be good places to stay. Basically, any place in Manhattan below 80th Street will work. Everywhere is a short taxi ride away in Manhattan.  

Also-anyone who wants to spend a couple of extra days out here-we can get together and I will be happy to be a tour guide and show you around Smiley

Duckfever-I don't have your email-email me at the email above or digicolleen@AOL.com and I will answer any questions you have. Anyone with questions can email me  Smiley

DietCherry-Get off work! It's on a Saturday!

Take a bite out of the big apple! I'm getting excited about Duckfest 09!

Ducky95 Re: Announcing Duckfest 2009 in NYC!!!    posted on Mar 19th, 2009, 9:27pm

Hi, I might want to go since I live close to NYC, I was wondering where exactly is it in NYC. Thanks!  Smiley
digicolleen
Re: Announcing Duckfest 2009 in NYC!!!    posted on Mar 19th, 2009, 11:57pm

Duckfest will take place in Manhattan below 80th ST. I'm still working on an exact fun location. Also will post some hotels soon  Smiley
Register to Reply Register to Reply Front Page Discussions Front Page Discussions Help Help Search Search Pages: 1 2 3  4