Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Duck Fan Forum > Front Page Discussions > Another Sad Tale of a Lost Adventure Duck
Register to Reply Register to Reply Front Page Discussions Front Page Discussions Help Help Search Search Pages: 1
Another Sad Tale of a Lost Adventure Duck (Read 1409 times)
charlotte
Another Sad Tale of a Lost Adventure Duck    posted on Dec 21st, 2008, 3:40am

This is a photo of the last time Ducky, the globetrotting duck, was ever seen by his family. Alex H. and his partner had been traveling with Ducky ever since receiving him as a housewarming gift in 2003. Soon afterwards they decided it'd be a good idea to take Ducky skiing. A few weeks later they sent photos of Ducky on his ski trip to the person who gave them Ducky. The whole thing snowballed and it became a goal to make Ducky's the world's best travelled duck and to document his adventures. You can see the gallery of holiday photos at Alex and Ducky's website: Ducktravels.com http://www.ducktravels.com/. Ducky has been to over 20 countries and fans of Ducky and the Ducktravels.com website have submitted photos of their ducks in an additional 30 countries.

Says Alex, "I managed to lose ducky after getting off of the ferry just outside Timbuktu last year (honestly you can't make this up!), just after taking this photo. We managed to turn the convey round, drive 10 miles back up a dirt track before asking everyone by the side of the river where we got off." "Eventually one of the men said they saw a couple of boys with something strange and yellow, so we headed off back down the road, saw a couple of kids and stopped them and they gave the duck straight back when we asked." .  

"Sadly, ducky was lost for good in August while on safari after carefully lining up a shot of ducky overlooking the Tarangire National Park a monkey jumped up and grabbed him. The photo at the beginning of this article is the last shot of ducky before the monkey tried to eat him and jumped onto a tree on a cliff ledge and dropped him over the edge, that was the last we saw, I can only assume he's sitting at the bottom, in the sun, admiring the view. It was pretty sad after all that time, but to be honest I'm impressed he lasted so long, which is why I had a stunt duck with me in case... Son of Ducky, as he's now known made it to the top of Kilimanjaro with me only days later."

Duckplanet wishes Son of Ducky happy travels. Maybe the ducks need "dog tags" for when they get lost!
Register to Reply Register to Reply Front Page Discussions Front Page Discussions Help Help Search Search Pages: 1