Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Duck Fan Forum > Front Page Discussions > Oh Duckmas Tree!
Register to Reply Register to Reply Front Page Discussions Front Page Discussions Help Help Search Search Pages: 1
Oh Duckmas Tree! (Read 2556 times)
charlotte
Oh Duckmas Tree!    posted on Dec 18th, 2008, 2:37am

Making holiday displays is a favorite pastime of many duck collectors. Colleen (aka squeakbeaks) has been collecting ducky Christmas ornaments since 1998 which is as long as she has been collecting rubber ducks. Colleen had a problem that every collector can relate to; she was running out of space because the tree would get bigger every year to accommodate the new ornaments. After putting up a spacious shed in the garage of her home just for duckies, Colleen finally has enough space for the growing tree. Thanks to the shed, this is the very first year that the tree hasn't gotten knocked over--multiple times!  

Apparently the remaining ornaments are either especially sturdy or especially lucky. Tthe ornaments on the tree are all either ducks or contain ducks (i.e. santa in bubble bath w/ducky floating). This year Colleen made an exception and bought a set of blue blown glass ornaments that look like bubbles. Her mom's co-worker hand painted ball ornaments personalized for Colleen: a duck in scrubs, one in a santa suit, one w/antlers etc. Despite how many she has, Colleen is amazed that there are so still so many oraments available!

The tree is also surrounded by an impressive number of Christmas-themed rubber ducks. Says squeakybeaks, "All the things on the table are Christmas rubber ducks (OTC, Infantino, Cost Plus, etc.) except the Christopher Radko Santa in the tub ornament which is on a display stand. My mom/enabler bought it for me...it's my favorite ornament."
samme10104
Re: Oh Duckmas Tree!    posted on Dec 18th, 2008, 1:14pm

Totally cool!   Cool  I'd love to see some close-ups of the ornaments... Wink
HazelFortress
Re: Oh Duckmas Tree!    posted on Dec 19th, 2008, 6:30pm

Love it!
jdtrue66
Re: Oh Duckmas Tree!    posted on Dec 19th, 2008, 7:04pm

now that is one GREAT looking tree!
postcardgirl
Re: Oh Duckmas Tree!    posted on Dec 20th, 2008, 2:38pm

Oh, I LOVE it, and all those holiday duckies!   Shocked
Ducky95 Re: Oh Duckmas Tree!    posted on Jan 1st, 2009, 3:34pm

Oh my gosh, I love that! So cute!  Smiley
WelusiaDduck
Re: Oh Duckmas Tree!    posted on Jan 24th, 2009, 6:04pm

Święta z kaczuszkami muszą być wspaniałe! Pewnie moja kolekcja też nie długo się tu znajdzie Tongue. Ducks are great Wink
radkocollector
Re: Oh Duckmas Tree!    posted on May 10th, 2009, 6:30pm

I know Christohper Radko collector, RadkoTreasures.com is looking to buy these duck ornaments if anyone has some available.  Check them out at http://www.radkotreasures.com.  Hopefully this is helpful to someone here.
Duckaru
Re: Oh Duckmas Tree!    posted on May 11th, 2009, 4:14pm

Maybe Colleen would consider getting a second shed for her ever growing collection.  
Then we can call her Colleen "Two Sheds" Squeakybeaks.
Register to Reply Register to Reply Front Page Discussions Front Page Discussions Help Help Search Search Pages: 1