Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Duck Fan Forum > Duck Exchange Marketplace: Listings and Discussion > where to find a classic?
Register to Reply Register to Reply Duck Exchange Marketplace: Listings and Discussion Duck Exchange Marketplace: Listings and Discussion Help Help Search Search Pages: 1 2 
where to find a classic? (Read 1743 times)
charlotte
Re: where to find a classic?    posted on Aug 16th, 2009, 7:13pm

Quote from Lisa_Basian on Aug 15th, 2009, 9:25pm:
I think you might beableto find it at bath and body works or the stores that sell a lot of cream in it.  Also, you can go to ebay and type in classic ducks.  I wish i had them but i dont have a credit card cuz im 15 so this sucks.  Its good that we can exchange here though.  Hope this helps!!

Yeah, that one is not the same as the BBW ducks.  
SqueakyDucky
Re: where to find a classic?    posted on Aug 25th, 2009, 3:09am

i found one in a walmart in virginia this weekend while i was on vacation! try it!  Wink
QuackerGiftShop
Re: where to find a classic?    posted on Sep 25th, 2009, 2:42pm

Hi.  I think we have this online and at our store in Denver. Here's  link to the page on the site: http://www.quackergiftshop.com/prod/363-4-12-Traditional-Duckie.html
If i could figure out how to add the picture I would, but I'm not the best at the forums tools.
kite
Re: where to find a classic?    posted on Feb 5th, 2010, 1:47am

If you're still around, it looks like duckie1393 is selling one that's identical or nearly so in this thread:  http://www.duckplanet.com/cgi-bin/dbb1/YaBB.pl?num=1264698999  (it's in the third picture).
Erte
Re: where to find a classic?    posted on Apr 4th, 2013, 3:04am

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but since the question was never answered, I can give some more information.

This is a very old design which, as far as I know, dates back to the 1950s (or earlier?).  I can only find a patent for Knickerbocker's very similar version of the duck (official patent here, Google's formatted version here).  I believe that the original design was being produced before this patent was filed and before Knickerbocker started making this type of duck in 1971, but I am not sure.  Other ducks by Shelcore, Bath & Body Works, and other companies also have similar designs, but they are all derivatives of this one and not quite the same.

I own several duplicates of this duck from different manufacturing years.   The material used for the duck and number of white dots in the painted eyes have changed, but the mold has not.  Additionally, all the ducks say "Made in Taiwan" on the bottom, which is interesting considering most ducks are usually made in China.

Does anyone have any more information?  This is my favorite duck and I would like to know more as well.
PittsburghDuck
Re: where to find a classic?    posted on Oct 20th, 2013, 8:06pm

Spotted ducks that looked just like that at Buy Buy Baby this week.
Erte
Re: where to find a classic?    posted on Oct 29th, 2013, 1:02pm

I don't see it on their web site.  Can anyone confirm?
Register to Reply Register to Reply Duck Exchange Marketplace: Listings and Discussion Duck Exchange Marketplace: Listings and Discussion Help Help Search Search Pages: 1 2