Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Duck Fan Forum > Duck Exchange Marketplace: Listings and Discussion > where to find a classic?
Register to Reply Register to Reply Duck Exchange Marketplace: Listings and Discussion Duck Exchange Marketplace: Listings and Discussion Help Help Search Search Pages: 1 2 
where to find a classic? (Read 1818 times)
lilmslol
where to find a classic?    posted on Nov 18th, 2008, 4:10am

hello everyone, i am looking for a classic duck from around 1990.  it is the one on the right in this picture:

has this duck been discontinued? if not, where could i find a vendor that sells them new?  thanks!
lucy
Re: where to find a classic?    posted on Nov 21st, 2008, 4:58am

I think Price Hot might have that duck. Go to' Favorite Links' on DP's home page. Then to Price Hot and then to classic ducks.
kite
Re: where to find a classic?    posted on Nov 21st, 2008, 5:23am

There's often a very similar duck available in the bath section of Cost Plus/World Market.
lilmslol
Re: where to find a classic?    posted on Nov 21st, 2008, 8:14pm

thanks for the responses

Quote from lucy on Nov 21st, 2008, 4:58am:
I think Price Hot might have that duck. Go to' Favorite Links' on DP's home page. Then to Price Hot and then to classic ducks.

i saw the one on the left, but i am looking for just the one on the right

Quote from kite on Nov 21st, 2008, 5:23am:
There's often a very similar duck available in the bath section of Cost Plus/World Market.

i will have to find out if there's one near me.  if it helps, the one i want doesn't have a squeaker, just a solid bottom with a tiny weight inside to help it float better.
kite
Re: where to find a classic?    posted on Nov 21st, 2008, 9:54pm

Yes, that's what the ones at Cost Plus are like.  I'm not sure they have exactly the same eye -- that's what usually varies in the versions sold by different stores (whether it has eyelashes painted, and whether/how many highlight spots there are on the pupil).  It's also not an uncommon style to see sold on eBay, but good luck finding unique search terms for it!  

The problem with Cost Plus is that they are usually all jumbled in a small wooden crate, and they mark easily, so it's a bit hard to find one that's perfect.  I'm planning to go there this weekend to look for their Christmas ducks, and I'll see if they still have the one you're looking for.
lilmslol
Re: where to find a classic?    posted on Nov 24th, 2008, 11:04pm

cool thanks Smiley
lilmslol
Re: where to find a classic?    posted on Dec 13th, 2008, 9:04pm

so i'm guessing you didn't find any? cry
kite
Re: where to find a classic?    posted on Dec 14th, 2008, 8:03am

I couldn't find any non-holiday ducks at my local store.  Very strange.  I wonder if they've stopped stocking them.  This is not an unusual duck, hopefully someone else will have an idea...
lilmslol
Re: where to find a classic?    posted on Dec 17th, 2008, 6:15am

i was actually so bored that i typed "duck" into both amazon and ebay and looked through every page of results.  nothing Sad
lilmslol
Re: where to find a classic?    posted on Feb 8th, 2009, 9:56pm

wow this is an old thread and still no one knows cry
jbeep2
Re: where to find a classic?    posted on Feb 23rd, 2009, 9:31pm

lilmslol
Re: where to find a classic?    posted on Mar 13th, 2009, 1:38am

thanks but i don't think that was the right one
jbeep2
Re: where to find a classic?    posted on Mar 13th, 2009, 2:07am

If that's not right, then I'm not sure what you are looking for...?
kite
Re: where to find a classic?    posted on Mar 13th, 2009, 2:55am

There's some slight differences between the old Playskool "Ernie's" ducks and the later one in lilmslol's picture (the Playskools have a rounder head, thinner neck, shorter beak), but they do seem to have a familial relationship.  I checked my own ducks, and the one in the picture is almost certainly the one sold at World Market a few years ago (mine is identical and that's where I got it), but I've checked the stores around here and they don't carry it anymore.  The older Bath and Body Works ducks were 99% the same (just a very slightly larger head, and eyelashes), and I think they did come out with a standard yellow one, but those are long gone from stores as well.  Ebay should eventually offer up the one you're looking for, but it may take a while!
SqueakyDucky
Re: where to find a classic?    posted on Aug 15th, 2009, 9:25pm

I think you might beableto find it at bath and body works or the stores that sell a lot of cream in it.  Also, you can go to ebay and type in classic ducks.  I wish i had them but i dont have a credit card cuz im 15 so this sucks.  Its good that we can exchange here though.  Hope this helps!!
Register to Reply Register to Reply Duck Exchange Marketplace: Listings and Discussion Duck Exchange Marketplace: Listings and Discussion Help Help Search Search Pages: 1 2