Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Duck Fan Forum > Front Page Discussions > Ever Changing Garden Display
Register to Reply Register to Reply Front Page Discussions Front Page Discussions Help Help Search Search Pages: 1
Ever Changing Garden Display (Read 1906 times)
charlotte
Ever Changing Garden Display    posted on Oct 19th, 2008, 6:34pm

A recent article by Brittni Reinertsen of the UW News Lab reported on Ron Sterling, a psychiatrist who uses rubber ducks purchased on eBay to decorate his curbside garden with ducky holiday scenes. Sterling lives near Lowman Beach in West Seattle. His garden features a 30-foot-long cement planter box with seven separate duck scenes. Each display is added to daily over the course of a week. A new display is featured every month, usually for a specific holiday including New Year’s, Valentine’s Day, St. Patrick’s Day and Cinco de Mayo.  

Sterling chose duckies as the main feature in his garden for several reasons: “On a conscious level, you can’t really look at rubber ducks without smiling. They have always been entertaining. They fit the whole Northwest world,” he said. Ron sells calendars and cards at his website: http://duckiesrule.com The article is really interesting. Read the whole article here on the West Seattle Blog: http://westseattleblog.com/blog/?p=11169#more-11169

duckfever
Re: Ever Changing Garden Display    posted on Nov 3rd, 2008, 3:45am

I love it, that is great. And I Love the big bat man duck, lol.  Smiley
dutchducky
Re: Ever Changing Garden Display    posted on Nov 5th, 2008, 10:46am

Eh, not a very important question and not a very ducky question, but can someone please explain me what 'lol' means Huh

I'm a Dutch ducky, my English ist just out of the egg...
mquest
Re: Ever Changing Garden Display    posted on Nov 5th, 2008, 1:38pm

It is a quick way of saying "laughing out loud" or "laugh out loud".
dutchducky
Re: Ever Changing Garden Display    posted on Nov 5th, 2008, 5:33pm

Thanks for the explanation!!
Register to Reply Register to Reply Front Page Discussions Front Page Discussions Help Help Search Search Pages: 1