Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Duck Fan Forum > Front Page Discussions > Upcoming Harper's Article
Register to Reply Register to Reply Front Page Discussions Front Page Discussions Help Help Search Search Pages: 1
Upcoming Harper's Article (Read 1538 times)
charlotte
Upcoming Harper's Article    posted on Aug 11th, 2008, 1:37am

I'm posting this a little early because I will be in transit when the magazine is distributed. Donovan Hohn is a contributing editor of Harper’s Magazine, a recent Duckfest attendee, and a Friend of the Duck, has an article coming out soon about his visit to a Chinese toy factory. I had a chance to chat with Donovan about his visit at Duckfest and he reveals some surprising things about how plastic ducks are made (these weren't actually rubber ducks, but the process is pretty much the same). I have three words for you: No Conveyer Belts. It will appear in the September issue of Harper's Magazine which should hit the newsstands between Aug. 15 and 20. Keep an eye out for it!
Duckaru
Re: Upcoming Harper's Article    posted on Aug 13th, 2008, 4:02pm

Harper's is a really great magazine. Just be ready for a lot of truth and no fluff.
charlotte
Re: Upcoming Harper's Article    posted on Sep 2nd, 2008, 4:59am

This was a great article. I hope lots of folks got a chance to read it. I was traveling and bought the magazine at the airport when I was waiting to transfer planes!
digicolleen
Re: Upcoming Harper's Article    posted on Sep 2nd, 2008, 2:58pm

I read the article, too. My Barnes and Noble had the magazine. I really enjoyed it Smiley
squeakybeaks
Re: Upcoming Harper's Article    posted on Sep 10th, 2008, 9:58am

I just read it, the article was very cool.
However, the toy making process is sort of like hotdogs (if I ate hotdogs)-you don't want to know how it's made, you just want to enjoy it!  Tongue
jdtrue66
Re: Upcoming Harper's Article    posted on Sep 14th, 2008, 4:18am

I bought the mag tonight and it is a good read.

PS Charlotte I hope you had a good trip
Register to Reply Register to Reply Front Page Discussions Front Page Discussions Help Help Search Search Pages: 1