Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Duck Fan Forum > Front Page Discussions > Duckfest 2008 is Just Around the Corner!
Register to Reply Register to Reply Front Page Discussions Front Page Discussions Help Help Search Search Pages: 1 2 
Duckfest 2008 is Just Around the Corner! (Read 2629 times)
charlotte
Duckfest 2008 is Just Around the Corner!    posted on Jul 24th, 2008, 12:38am

Rubber duck fans from around the USA are preparing to converge in Seattle for the world's only rubber duck collector's convention! Duckfest 2008 is taking place in Seattle, Washington on Saturday, August 2. This modest event has been taking place annually for several years and has become a cherished tradition. Originally hosted by Duckplanet's founders and friends every year in Southern California, Duckfest has also been hosted in Illinois. This is the first year that Duckfest will be hosted in the state of Washington. There will be duck trading and selling, rubber duck themed games and of course the great company and conversation that one can only have with people who share the same hobby! Viva duckies and see you in Seattle!  Cool
Duckaru
Re: Duckfest 2008 is Just Around the Corner!    posted on Jul 30th, 2008, 6:18pm

I'm just wondering how those ducks got on Frasier's balcony and why Eddie hasn't knocked them off yet.
 Wink
Have fun, everyone!!!!!
charlotte
Re: Duckfest 2008 is Just Around the Corner!    posted on Aug 1st, 2008, 6:22pm

Oh boy, oh boy!! Oh hope you are all bringing some good ducks to trade!! Smiley  Can't wait to see all you Duckfesters!!!  See you TOMORROW!  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Shocked
sparkyrokz
Re: Duckfest 2008 is Just Around the Corner!    posted on Aug 1st, 2008, 7:55pm

hi, just asking a question.
is duckfest just for colleters in the US who are all friends or can others go as well? i would really like to go next year but even though everyone on here is very friendly, would i be welcome?
charlotte
Re: Duckfest 2008 is Just Around the Corner!    posted on Aug 1st, 2008, 8:43pm

If you are a rubber duck collector and are old enough to travel internationally by yourself then you are already perfectly qualified to attend. Hope you can come next year! Every year we have "newbies" attend and they are very welcome.  Smiley
Duckaru
Re: Duckfest 2008 is Just Around the Corner!    posted on Aug 4th, 2008, 4:15pm

I am waiting (im)patiently for news of the 'fest!
digicolleen
Re: Duckfest 2008 is Just Around the Corner!    posted on Aug 5th, 2008, 2:08am

OK-I've begun posting some of them on Flicker. I'll be posting them all week. I'm also going to post them on my blog (Duckshow.com soon).

http://flickr.com/photos/digicolleen/sets/72157606550115595/

PS. Duckaru..Luna T. Duck had a blast and said that she wants to come to Duckfest 09 in NYC, but with Lena next time. Hee Wink
Duckaru
Re: Duckfest 2008 is Just Around the Corner!    posted on Aug 5th, 2008, 3:24pm

ohcoolohcoolohcooooll!!! Thanks for showing a duckie a good time.  But I'm not surprised, duck collectors are all about good times.
I am thrilled she got to party with the superstar Cheese!
Hmmmm.... NYC is not too far from Pittsburgh.......... Wink
digicolleen
Re: Duckfest 2008 is Just Around the Corner!    posted on Aug 5th, 2008, 10:20pm

OK-I finished posting the rest of the Duckfest pics. Just click on the link above to see all the pictures!  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Enjoy!

Oh-if anyone has the group picture-please send one to me. That little camera I took the picture with was acting up!
AmericanDucky
Re: Duckfest 2008 is Just Around the Corner!    posted on Aug 6th, 2008, 1:34am

Yay! Those pics look fantastic! What a Great big jar o ducks that Valli won!!! That thing looked HUGE!!!  

Looked like so much fun! And are you hosting Duckfest next year?? B/c I've never been to NYC!!! How fun!!! Yippee!! I've said it before, but I'm seriously going!!! B/c I wanna host DF in TX next!   Shocked Shocked Shocked
digicolleen
Re: Duckfest 2008 is Just Around the Corner!    posted on Aug 6th, 2008, 2:33am

I'm planning on hosting! It would be a great excuse for everyone to come out to the big apple!

That would be great if you hosted in Texas the next year, too!
lucy
Re: Duckfest 2008 is Just Around the Corner!    posted on Aug 6th, 2008, 3:17am

SmileyGreat photos Smileyit's almost like being there! Thanks for sharing them. Only 363 days to the next Duck fest, can't wait.
Lucy Smiley Wink Roll Eyes Shocked
charlotte
Re: Duckfest 2008 is Just Around the Corner!    posted on Aug 6th, 2008, 4:19am

If anyone who attended has a good group photo, please send them to me ASAP. Mine is off center and a couple people have their eyes closed.
squeakybeaks
Re: Duckfest 2008 is Just Around the Corner!    posted on Aug 6th, 2008, 8:41am

Mine is ok except Mariah looks stoned and I look half asleep...  Wink
I will have to speak sternly to my stepdad about his photo taking skills!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/52358883@N00/sets/72157606569244240/

Duckworth
Re: Duckfest 2008 is Just Around the Corner!    posted on Aug 9th, 2008, 7:59pm

I'm not sure how mine turned out i havn't checked yet i'll get right on that tomorrow because right now i'm working.
Register to Reply Register to Reply Front Page Discussions Front Page Discussions Help Help Search Search Pages: 1 2