Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Duck Fan Forum > Front Page Discussions > Rated R for Rubber Duck Violence: Death by Fire
Register to Reply Register to Reply Front Page Discussions Front Page Discussions Help Help Search Search Pages: 1
Rated R for Rubber Duck Violence: Death by Fire (Read 1180 times)
charlotte
Rated R for Rubber Duck Violence: Death by Fire    posted on Jun 13th, 2008, 12:39am

NOT FOR THE SENSITIVE RUBBER DUCK LOVER. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
This short film by Toys in Danger is called "Death by Fire". It features some nice stop action animation and more importantly is the most elaborate stop action rubber duck film we have ever seen, but all you duck lovers are going to hate the ending. We're warning you: It ends badly. After I saw the end I said, "WAHHHH!"  

But in the name of bringing you all things rubber duck and in the spirit  that art is meant to be provocative and not to be beautiful, we bring it to you to in the name of all things good, bad, and ducky.  

And remember, you just never know who will turn out to be the head of an evil militaristic cult. Stay safe!
dancingduck9
Re: Rated R for Rubber Duck Violence: Death by Fir    posted on Jun 13th, 2008, 4:02am

I saw that a couple of weeks ago. Great stop action, but very bad ending.  cry
HazelFortress
Re: Rated R for Rubber Duck Violence: Death by Fir    posted on Jun 13th, 2008, 7:25pm

Wow. That is clever. I felt bad at the ending, but laughed out loud at the duckling bouncing down the stairs. Tongue
charlotte
Re: Rated R for Rubber Duck Violence: Death by Fir    posted on Jun 13th, 2008, 11:27pm

Yeah, the duckling tumbling down the stairs made me laugh too!  Smiley I wonder how long it took them to make the whole film!
squeakybeaks
Re: Rated R for Rubber Duck Violence: Death by Fir    posted on Jun 14th, 2008, 1:07am

Very amusing! However, I'm not sure I understand-was the whole thing because the duck in the tux cut the other one off in his car?  Shocked
charlotte
Re: Rated R for Rubber Duck Violence: Death by Fir    posted on Jun 14th, 2008, 4:20am

Quote from squeakybeaks on Jun 14th, 2008, 1:07am:
was the whole thing because the duck in the tux cut the other one off in his car?

Yes, it was. The premise is a little shaky, but one never knows about monkeys that wear fezs. I contend that the head of militaristic cult would probably also be driving a more butch vehicle though.
HazelFortress
Re: Rated R for Rubber Duck Violence: Death by Fir    posted on Jun 14th, 2008, 3:10pm

Maybe all the other manly cars were in use that day? If people drive in Duckyland like they do out here, that is going to be one busy revenge-oriented monkey. And I love the little family pictures in the background. The level of detail is pretty amazing.
lowbb
Re: Rated R for Rubber Duck Violence: Death by Fir    posted on Jun 17th, 2008, 10:50am

if I were the creator, I will use a fireman duckie to put off the fire at the ending...that's better
Register to Reply Register to Reply Front Page Discussions Front Page Discussions Help Help Search Search Pages: 1