Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Duck Fan Forum > Town Square > HOW TO POST IMAGES updated
Register to Reply Register to Reply Town Square Town Square Help Help Search Search Pages: 1
HOW TO POST IMAGES updated (Read 1727 times)
AmericanDucky
HOW TO POST IMAGES updated    posted on Jul 13th, 2007, 4:25am

Since the last thread is outdated as myonlineimages.com has recently closed shop, I'm listing new directions here, specifically for the computer challenged folks. It may be easier for some of us, but I'd like to see everone else' pics too.  

1.   You need to register at a free image hosting site. There are several out there such as photobucket.com, imageshack.com, and more. In these directions, I'm using photobucket.com.  
2.  After you register, go to MY ALBUM.  
3.  Inder IMAGES FROM MY PC, click on BROWSE.
4.  A Pop-up menu with your Computer files/Folders will open. Browse your computer for a saved image.  
5.  When you find an image, click open.  
6.  You will now see a box with a Green Check mark and the name of your image. CLICK UPLOAD. Photobucket is uploading your image to your MY ALBUM in your photobucket account.  
7.  You will see a yellow box that will say 1 of 1 Images has uploaded!
8.   NOW Scroll DOWN , you will see your image.  
9.   Under your image, CLICK on IMAGE CODE, it will say COPIED.
10.  Now go to Duckplanet and just right click paste ... you are now pasting your image code. You do not need to add anything else to that code.  
11.  When you right click, paste you will see an image code, either click preview or post your message and you should see your image.  
12.   Here is my image below: NB. You will not see the image until you have posted or previewed your message, you will only see code within image brackets.  

Hope this helps everyone and anyone wanting to post a pic that didn't know how. You can also use the instructions to post your image on just about any message board. Have fun and try it!  

Have fun posting pics!
Delila
Deirdre
Re: HOW TO POST IMAGES updated    posted on Jul 17th, 2007, 9:07pm

Deirdre
Re: HOW TO POST IMAGES updated    posted on Jul 17th, 2007, 9:09pm

ok so now how do you get it so that the picture opens up in your message?
AmericanDucky
Re: HOW TO POST IMAGES updated    posted on Jul 18th, 2007, 1:34am

Look at the rest of the instructions. After you have uploaded in your free image hosting site. Click on IMAGE CODE, it will automatically be copied, just paste it into your message.  

AS far as I know, a site like Flicker, Yahoo images, Shutterfly, etc ... those are only sites where you can share your images via link. Thye are not hosting sites. Hosting sites will give you the IMAGE CODE. If you have your own hosting site, like I use for my pictures that I sell in my store, then I can use that html code, hosted by my hosting site.  

Hope this makes sense. Try photobucket.com - it's free to register. there are lots of other sites too.
Delila

Deirdre
Re: HOW TO POST IMAGES updated    posted on Jul 19th, 2007, 6:11pm

Thanks Delila I will check that out this weekend.  I have printed out your instructions so I will be ready when I get that new thing up and going.  Thanks again.  Smiley
Deirdre
Re: HOW TO POST IMAGES updated    posted on Aug 18th, 2007, 9:09pm

Testing

Deirdre
Re: HOW TO POST IMAGES updated    posted on Aug 18th, 2007, 9:11pm

OMG  it really works!!!!!!!!!!!!  So very cool amazing what happens when you follow directions.  Thanks Delila
Duckworth
Re: HOW TO POST IMAGES updated    posted on Dec 8th, 2007, 10:54pm

In step 3 it says Under Images From My PC so what if you don't have a PC what if you have a mac does it matter?
Duckworth
Re: HOW TO POST IMAGES updated    posted on Jan 3rd, 2008, 3:49pm

So FYI photobucket works great with a mac too.  

A happy picture posting Duckworth Smiley
Register to Reply Register to Reply Town Square Town Square Help Help Search Search Pages: 1