Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Duck Fan Forum > Other Interests and Chit Chat > Do You Collect Anything Else?
Register to Reply Register to Reply Other Interests and Chit Chat Other Interests and Chit Chat Help Help Search Search Pages: 1 2 
Do You Collect Anything Else? (Read 4410 times)
teiae
Do You Collect Anything Else?    posted on Jan 4th, 2007, 5:15am

Just wondered if anyone collected anything else but ducks Smiley

I collect vintage Littlest Pet Shop figures, mostly because they where some of my favorite toys growing up, I have some of the new ones, but I still prefer the ones I grew up with.

So, what about you?
Ellonyia
Re: Do You Collect Anything Else?    posted on Jan 4th, 2007, 5:37pm

I actually did not know that the Littlest Pet Shop was a re-make... but I guess Polly Pocket is, so that makes sense.. on that vein, my sister loved Polly Pockets when she was little and thinks the new ones are a travesty as they are not at all like the original!

I also collect Gnomes!

Ellonyia
teiae
Re: Do You Collect Anything Else?    posted on Jan 4th, 2007, 10:33pm

The old ones look nothing like the new ones.

http://littlestpetshop.50webs.com/, thats a really good list of all the old ones

I prefered the old Pollys too, it made more sense because you could really pack up her, her friends, her dog and her house and put it in your pocket
tankgirltaz
Re: Do You Collect Anything Else?    posted on Jan 5th, 2007, 5:00pm

I collect Jellycat toys, but a specific range called furcoat  Smiley

I like them as they are a bit different from the normal cuddly toys!!!
Anne
Re: Do You Collect Anything Else?    posted on Jan 7th, 2007, 5:13am

I collect:postcards,business cards, advertising ink pens,old soda pop bottles,Little Golden Books,Floaty Pens,Christmas Pins, 1960s Flower Pins, Plastic Wind Up toys, Marbles,Fisher Price Little People,Sand from any beach anywhere,Christmas Peanuts items,Marvin the Martian items, and much more I cant think of right now.
Duckworth
Re: Do You Collect Anything Else?    posted on Jan 31st, 2007, 8:30pm

well it's not really a collection i guess but i have 15 spider plants all over my house.  they're mostly in my room but a few in the living room , one in the bathroom, one in my parents room and two in my sisters room.  But i take care of all of them.  i'm not sure why i like them but i do. lol latly i've started knitting pot covers for them, make them a little more colorful.  Anyway thats my other collection (if you can call it that lol)

~Duckworth
Duckaru
Re: Do You Collect Anything Else?    posted on Feb 1st, 2007, 6:19pm

I collect rocks from different places that my family, friends, or myself travel to. They go in my garden. Shot glasses, but only from places that I have gone, that is an important stipulation.I also collect c.d.s and books, but i'm not sure that would count in this thread. In my younger days, I collected ceramic bird figurines, Breyer horse models (which I still have somewhere, packed safely away) and clocks. The clocks did not last long, as a few of them chimed and cuckoo'ed and kept the house on edge!
digicolleen
Re: Do You Collect Anything Else?    posted on Feb 1st, 2007, 8:24pm

I was recently introduced to these collectable vinyl toys designed by artists from backgrounds of graffiti, fine art, industrial design, graphic design, illustration and music.  They originated in Hong Kong and Japan and are called "Dunnys." Anyway, I bought one the other day and it is so cool that I would like to go get a few more.  Here's what the Dunny looks like:
--Crash Test Dunny--

charlotte
Re: Do You Collect Anything Else?    posted on Feb 2nd, 2007, 12:05am

Hey digicolleen!  
I once wrote a little bit about urban designer vinyl on Duckplanet a year or two ago. If you're interested in learning more, a friend of mine has a really great weblog devoted to them called Vinyl Pulse! http://www.vinylpulse.com/
digicolleen
Re: Do You Collect Anything Else?    posted on Feb 2nd, 2007, 3:47am

Thanks Charlotte!! What a cool weblog--I bookmarked it. Those toys are so creative--very artistic and edgy. I love that.
Flo
!    posted on Mar 7th, 2007, 7:17am

Quote from digicolleen on Feb 1st, 2007, 8:24pm:
I was recently introduced to these collectable vinyl toys designed by artists from backgrounds of graffiti, fine art, industrial design, graphic design, illustration and music.  They originated in Hong Kong and Japan and are called "Dunnys." Anyway, I bought one the other day and it is so cool that I would like to go get a few more.  Here's what the Dunny looks like:
--Crash Test Dunny--
http://www.MyOnlineImages.com/members/digicolleen/images/dunny-brightcing.jpg

Wow, digicolleen, we've got a lot of those toys here in Hong Kong too! Most are inexpensive except for the limited editions! If you ever need them, I can get them for you here as well! I used to want to collect those but my mom put her foot down. I don;t know, she doesn;t like vinyl things but lately she doesn;t seem to hate my rubber ducks as much as before... Tongue

I also collect: PENS!! (all kinds, from those made by Sanrio to those "funky" ones); prints (i.e. art works by others); (handmade) journals (but I write in them at the same time); and anything that has to do with elephants and tigers.  
 Smiley
rduckie09
Re: Do You Collect Anything Else?    posted on Mar 12th, 2007, 8:58pm

Besides ducks, I also collect Rubik's Cube's. I own 6 as of now (recently purchased the Rubik's Revenge). I plan on buying Professor Rubik's (5x5) after I figure out how to solve the 4x4. I like new challenges. Tongue

I also collect Snoopy items. I have a bobblehead, stickers, Pez Dispenser, tons of Snoopy collectables and so on.
Iloveducks321
Re: Do You Collect Anything Else?    posted on Mar 13th, 2007, 4:16pm

I collect Zebra things like plush zebras, pez dispenser,finger puppets and almost every kind of zebra thing!

I'm so jealous rduckie09! I always wanted a Rubik's Cube but my mother never bought me one cry  

I also collect Chinese take out boxes! I have lots of different colors and designs of them!

rduckie09! My Mother collects Snoopy and Peanuts items She loves the peanuts!! She loves collecting the older things like from when she was a kid. She loves Christmas Peanuts the best!
1duckychick
Re: Do You Collect Anything Else?    posted on Mar 13th, 2007, 7:12pm

Pens. Funky, novelty pens. The only thing that rivals my ducky collection.
1duckychick
Re: Do You Collect Anything Else?    posted on Mar 15th, 2007, 1:55pm

Quote from teiae on Jan 4th, 2007, 5:15am:
Just wondered if anyone collected anything else but ducks Smiley

I collect vintage Littlest Pet Shop figures, mostly because they where some of my favorite toys growing up, I have some of the new ones, but I still prefer the ones I grew up with.

So, what about you?

Do you have this one?

I can't find it in any local stores so I'm going to order it online. I thought of you when I saw it.
Register to Reply Register to Reply Other Interests and Chit Chat Other Interests and Chit Chat Help Help Search Search Pages: 1 2