Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Duck Fan Forum > Duckplanet.com's Fan Forum > Warning! Spammers posing as Duckplanet.com
Register to Reply Register to Reply Duckplanet.com's Fan Forum Duckplanet.com's Fan Forum Help Help Search Search Pages: 1
Warning! Spammers posing as Duckplanet.com (Read 1360 times)
charlotte
Warning! Spammers posing as Duckplanet.com    posted on Sep 2nd, 2006, 5:23pm

I just wanted to warn people to be wary of any emails you might be receiving from what appears to be duckplanet.com  
Recently some spammers have been sending emails from what appears to be various email addresses at duckplanet (e.g. info, admin, etc.). These emails look to be the type where they try to fool you into thinking that they are somebody that they are not to try to get your social security number and credit card info.  

Do not give them any such information!!! So far they may only be spamming the few of us who actually have duckplanet.com accounts. You may not have received anything.  

Here is the text in the fake email:

"Dear Duckplanet Member,

We have temporarily suspended your email account chuckh@duckplanet.com.

This might be due to either of the following reasons:

1. A recent change in your personal information (i.e. change of address).
2. Submiting invalid information during the initial sign up process.
3. An innability to accurately verify your selected option of subscription due to an internal error within our processors.
See the details to reactivate your Duckplanet account.

Sincerely,The Duckplanet Support Team
"

GRR. That last part especially makes me mad! Ihave emailed my ISP to see if anything can be done.
Register to Reply Register to Reply Duckplanet.com's Fan Forum Duckplanet.com's Fan Forum Help Help Search Search Pages: 1