Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Duck Fan Forum > Duckplanet.com's Fan Forum > Recruiting Subjects for Research Study
Register to Reply Register to Reply Duckplanet.com's Fan Forum Duckplanet.com's Fan Forum Help Help Search Search Pages: 1
Recruiting Subjects for Research Study (Read 1439 times)
charlotte
Recruiting Subjects for Research Study    posted on Sep 1st, 2006, 2:39am

Recruiting Subjects for Research Study

Do you like to talk about rubber duck collecting? Wed like to hear from you! We are conducting a research study about hobbyists and expertise. We are interested in talking to all levels of experience from beginners to seasoned veterans. If you are a rubber duck collector age18 or older, we would like to interview you for our study. The purpose of our study is not to evaluate people or activities, but to better understand how hobbyist collectors do things. Your participation would be greatly appreciated!

The interview would take place over the phone at a mutually convenient time. We would call you so it would cost you nothing. The interview would take no more than one hour. You will not be compensated and your participation is strictly optional.  

Please contact Charlotte Lee if you have any questions or are willing to participate.

Charlotte P. Lee, PhD
University of California, Irvine
cplee@uci.edu (email preferred)
(949) 824-9048

Ciaran Trace, PhD
University of Wisconsin-Madison
Douglass
Re: Recruiting Subjects for Research Study    posted on Sep 1st, 2006, 11:39pm

is this open to people on the other side of the pond? (ie me in England!)
as I am 18, a poor student and i love talking about my duckies! (shame no one else wants to listenSad)
would it be possible for the interview to even be done through a short series of emails each with afew questions on?
charlotte
Re: Recruiting Subjects for Research Study    posted on Sep 2nd, 2006, 5:49am

Hi Douglass! Thanks for your interest. I don't suppose you have a high speed internet connection? Maybe the interview could be done through Skype?

Douglass
Re: Recruiting Subjects for Research Study    posted on Sep 2nd, 2006, 6:01am

my internet connection is fast though likes to pick random moments to suddenly lag and be annoying.

I shall have to look into getting skype, is it just done through computer with a head piece?
charlotte
Re: Recruiting Subjects for Research Study    posted on Sep 2nd, 2006, 4:39pm

Yes, it's just done through the computer with a head piece.  A microphone would be necessary also. The basic software is free. Before you go to any trouble though, let me check the rate on the phone card used by the university. The rate might be inexpensive so that we could do just do an over a regular phone. We've got a long weekend here now so I won't be able to check until the middle of the next week.
Register to Reply Register to Reply Duckplanet.com's Fan Forum Duckplanet.com's Fan Forum Help Help Search Search Pages: 1