Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Duck Fan Forum > Young Ducks -- Rubber Duck Talk > Why Do You Collect Rubber Duckies?
Register to Reply Register to Reply Young Ducks -- Rubber Duck Talk Young Ducks -- Rubber Duck Talk Help Help Search Search Pages: 1 2 3 
Why Do You Collect Rubber Duckies? (Read 4278 times)
MusicalDucky
Re: Why Do You Collect Rubber Duckies?    posted on Dec 8th, 2008, 11:22pm

When I was 3, my favorite toys were definetly the set of 3 rubber ducks my parents got me. I would play with them all the time. I didn't actually start collecting till about 2 1/2 years ago and I bought some rubber ducks at a store. Then I found Duckplanet and was like, "Hey, I could collect rubber ducks!" and then my collection started.  Wink Now I have over 300 ducks.
ms.squeaker
Re: Why Do You Collect Rubber Duckies?    posted on Mar 6th, 2009, 11:29am

I litrlly can't remember why i started collecting them. There just soooooooooo adorable!!! every squeak bring plesure to my ears! mum says iv got plenty (22 or something!), but i can't seem to get them outta my head, mabey its deadly duckie diseise!!!!. im currently writing a fantastic story on them. i luv da really weird ones, like 'the duckfin,' half duck half dolfin.  ill try to send some pics in of my wittle baby duckies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

but for now goodbye!    
                                          luv the newbie, a.k.a, ms.squeaker.    Tongue  Smiley Wink Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
yellowducky94
Re: Why Do You Collect Rubber Duckies?    posted on Apr 6th, 2009, 8:55pm

well, not to long after i was born, i fell in love with my sisters toy duck. And so i basically stole it from her. in my 14 years since, they have always been my favorite animal. i go to the zoo just to see them =]. About a year ago, my mom started buying me more and more rubber ones.
FeE
Re: Why Do You Collect Rubber Duckies?    posted on Apr 12th, 2009, 1:43pm

I always thought they were pretty cool but before I collected the actual rubber ducks, I had collected pictures of rubber duck. I only had one duck until the past months and now I have 92 rubber ducks. Smiley
MusicalDucky
Re: Why Do You Collect Rubber Duckies?    posted on Apr 18th, 2009, 7:11pm

FeE, how long have you been collecting? I've been collecting for 3 years now.
catnipfairy
Re: Why Do You Collect Rubber Duckies?    posted on May 29th, 2009, 10:12pm

i collect ducks because im on a mission to release one thousand souls, those which haunt homes, from inside duckies. if i dont, bad things will happen!  

that was obviously a joke, but i just love ducks! i love looking at them and everything! ive been collecting since 2007. it statred when i found a little squeaking tounge duck in my house. i took it to school, then my best friend bought me a ceramic kimono duck for my 13th birthday. after that, i just fell completely in love wit them.
Low_riding_Duck
Re: Why Do You Collect Rubber Duckies?    posted on Jun 12th, 2009, 9:04pm

Quote from angelducky on Aug 8th, 2006, 9:53pm:
just for fun, i wanted to know why you collect ducks! Smiley

I collected them ever since i went to the movies there was a whole bunch of them in a machine i have angel duck devil, patriotic one that i used in a parade and other one's so its really fun Tongue
DoubleClara
Re: Why Do You Collect Rubber Duckies?    posted on Jun 28th, 2009, 3:41pm

'Cuz they make me smile.  Smiley
SqueakyDucky
Re: Why Do You Collect Rubber Duckies?    posted on Aug 25th, 2009, 4:58pm

Because they are th cutest animals andput a smile on my face even when im upset.  I like the rubber feeling and being ableto sqeak them.  It keep me feeling young even thoug im 15 lol  And how can you not buy that vute duck you see with it cute little face sitting on the shelf?   Shocked
Whiteduck6
Re: Why Do You Collect Rubber Duckies?    posted on Nov 25th, 2009, 3:31am

I collect rubber ducks because they set a friendly vibe to any room, no matter how unfriendly, dark or scary it is. I also like collecting rubber ducks because you can make friends with the person at the till, and I like that. I love rubber ducks!  Smiley Tongue
rubberducksrule
Re: Why Do You Collect Rubber Duckies?    posted on Dec 7th, 2009, 11:22am

they make bathtime lotsa fun ;p
Georgie-Duckie
Re: Why Do You Collect Rubber Duckies?    posted on Jan 6th, 2010, 2:41am

I think rubber ducks are the best!! Tongue Cool Smiley
Whiteduck6
Re: Why Do You Collect Rubber Duckies?    posted on Jan 29th, 2010, 11:36pm

I am posting again, in January 2010, to say how much I love ducks

Poem
Duckies are so gentle and sweet
You want to buy every one you meet
We all love rubber duckies too
We hope the same thing will happen to you!

Haiku

Duckies, duckies, yellow and cool
They love to swim in ponds as well  

Ok I'm no good at haikus

Song

Rubber duckie, we love you!
Remember this, all of you!
Rubber duckies like to swim in ponds
Rubber duckies sit in your honds (it's supposed to be hands but a song has to rhyme!)

Rubber duckies are so sweet

Umbrellas are used in the rain

Before we had the duckie, our baths were empty

Back a long time ago, the duckie was invented

Empty tubs no more!

Row, row, row the duckie boat down the bathtub!

Duckies can dance, too!

Umbrellas are NOT needed in a house or bathtub

Cookies and milk are what grandma duckies make best!

Koooooooooool duckies

I love duckies and so do you!

Empty tubs are a duckies worst nightmare

There is my duckie poetry!

Whiteduck6
Snooper16
Re: Why Do You Collect Rubber Duckies?    posted on Jul 27th, 2010, 5:37pm

Your poems are so cute! (Just like my rubber ducks)! I started collecting because I was at the Brunswic zone and I won a rubber duck. I thought nothing of it, but then after a few days, I thought it was so hilariously adorable that I just couldn't stand not collecting them! Shocked
Autmo
Re: Why Do You Collect Rubber Duckies?    posted on Jul 31st, 2010, 7:16am

Hi I just found this web site and I m so happy well i m 14 and I have only been collecting for one month and I have alot of ducks I got my first duck when I found a rubber ducky machine at walmart u know this ones you put 25 cents in well I though the little ducks were so cute I stared buying them and my great grand ma is one of the biggest grage salers in the world I told her about my collecting and after that I get rubber ducks left and right also there is a good will right by me and I love shopping there and they usual have rubber ducks from all over the place I. Got one in it's box from teaxs and it's so cute any way I have 53 rubber ducks I also have a web site if you would like to vist it here it is  www.rubberducksofmn.bloodspot.com any way I will be looking on here alot now

Autmo
Register to Reply Register to Reply Young Ducks -- Rubber Duck Talk Young Ducks -- Rubber Duck Talk Help Help Search Search Pages: 1 2 3