Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Duck Fan Forum > Young Ducks -- Rubber Duck Talk > Why Do You Collect Rubber Duckies?
Register to Reply Register to Reply Young Ducks -- Rubber Duck Talk Young Ducks -- Rubber Duck Talk Help Help Search Search Pages: 1 2 3 
Why Do You Collect Rubber Duckies? (Read 4424 times)
angelducky
Why Do You Collect Rubber Duckies?    posted on Aug 8th, 2006, 9:53pm

just for fun, i wanted to know why you collect ducks! Smiley
Danigirl4365
Re: Why Do You Collect Rubber Duckies?    posted on Aug 9th, 2006, 10:33pm

One reason why I collect ducks is because after a hard day I can look around at all them and eventually I will smile. And they naturally create a good and fun mood.
justducky13
Re: Why Do You Collect Rubber Duckies?    posted on Aug 11th, 2006, 8:38pm

Becuase ducks are so colourful and so fun! And they can always make me smile!  Smiley
angelducky
Re: Why Do You Collect Rubber Duckies?    posted on Aug 11th, 2006, 9:17pm

I collect beacuse when I was around one years old i got 2 duckies and i took them every where with me I even slept with them but then when i was older i still had one of the duckies in my room so i Decided it would be cool to collect them! Smiley
Douglass
Re: Why Do You Collect Rubber Duckies?    posted on Aug 13th, 2006, 5:03pm

it just sliped up on me to be honest. I got one for myself as I got a friend a rubber duck as a joke for christmas, next thing I know I was slowly starting a collection then after that i became addicted!
JayceeStar
Re: Why Do You Collect Rubber Duckies?    posted on Feb 11th, 2007, 10:17pm

I started with two colour-changig ducks when I went to London, and after that I bought the "Hippie" Royal Duck, and I now am addicted! They're a fun thing to collect and all the different varieties are endless. Plus, they always make you smile with their cheery faces!
Bmunchkin
Re: Why Do You Collect Rubber Duckies?    posted on Feb 14th, 2007, 11:51pm

My collection started with one Wink Then I found a few more around the house. Pretty soon they were multiplying like crazy and now I have what I have today.
Lady Killigrew
Re: Why Do You Collect Rubber Duckies?    posted on Feb 28th, 2008, 5:55pm

I've always liked rubber duckies, I think it's because Ernie's rubber duckie  Wink on Sesame street. I just recently started collecting but how it started was I was trying to find something cute and funky for my sister for Christmas. I saw this cute ceramic Knick Knack Duckie that I knew my sister would've loved, then Ducklan caught my eye, he's a bright red DUckie with a rainbow tail, and for that Christmas my mom had made me a pillow that has duckies all over it. Later on I picked up another ceramic duck that looks like a Native American girl because I'm 1/4 blood Penobscot/Passamaquody (both tribes from Maine if you wanted to know) I named her wôbtegwa which means duck in Abenaki-Penobscot. Then the other day I picked up Otto who is rather large and he wears a rain cap on his head.  
I very much want to extend this collection, they're just so adorable, and they make you smile. It's kinda like creating a family....well that's how I see it at least <33
Risteek
Re: Why Do You Collect Rubber Duckies?    posted on Mar 3rd, 2008, 7:28pm

Well I started because my Mom was complaining that I never spent a little money on myself but all of it on my pets. So I decided I would strat collecting something. I searched 'collections' on google and came across a picture of someone rubber duck collection. It looked awesome so I dug up some of my old ones and so it began!
jdtrue66
Re: Why Do You Collect Rubber Duckies?    posted on Mar 11th, 2008, 12:32am

I collect because they are the cutest darn things in the world! They all seem to have a personality. There shapes have a good feeling in the hand. There smell brings back memories of being a child. The sound of a squeaker is a sound that is high pitched  but not unpleasant to hear.
hollyccm
Re: Why Do You Collect Rubber Duckies?    posted on Apr 6th, 2008, 11:30pm

i collect them because i have always loved them even when i was little.
but one day i was cleaning out my closet when i found a small light teal duckie that i had once gotten with a mark.(an avon company) gift set
i'd had for about 2 years and was constantly losing and finding it again cry
so i played with it for a while and boyfriend called and i told him "i wanna colect rubber duckies" at the time i was totaly joking, but the next thing you know he comes over with three duckies, one pink, one blue and one green,and ever sence then ive been buying them every time i see one.
and most of my friends buy them for me too.
and within about 5 months i have collected about 16 duckies
Superduck
Re: Why Do You Collect Rubber Duckies?    posted on May 22nd, 2008, 8:17pm

I started when I read about some lady in China or Tawain with the largest collection in the world. It was in the Book of World Records and I wanted to beat that record. I doubt it's possible, but it's fun to have a collection that's so cute!
duckylover78
Re: Why Do You Collect Rubber Duckies?    posted on Aug 24th, 2008, 5:35am

I wuv them, I saw mini ones and a bought them all. I just found myself with alot more after awhile and started collecting them. Smiley
duckfever
Re: Why Do You Collect Rubber Duckies?    posted on Sep 4th, 2008, 4:57am

BECUASE I LOVE RUBBER DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked IVE GOT DUCK FEEVAH!
sparkyrokz
Re: Why Do You Collect Rubber Duckies?    posted on Sep 13th, 2008, 9:14am

i started colleting because i saw a devil tattou duck and thougt it was pretty cool.
they always make me smile. i love DuckT i cannot resist his grin!

Register to Reply Register to Reply Young Ducks -- Rubber Duck Talk Young Ducks -- Rubber Duck Talk Help Help Search Search Pages: 1 2 3