Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Duck Fan Forum > Duckplanet.com's Fan Forum > Posting Etiquette
Register to Reply Register to Reply Duckplanet.com's Fan Forum Duckplanet.com's Fan Forum Help Help Search Search Pages: 1
Posting Etiquette (Read 1613 times)
charlotte
Posting Etiquette    posted on Mar 23rd, 2006, 4:45am

Quote from duckie1393 on Mar 22nd, 2006, 9:29pm:
thats sooo cute!

Quote from duckyj on Mar 21st, 2006, 11:36pm:
these are very cute stories! Smiley

Several people have emailed me recently to complain about having to comb through several posts that do nothing more than say that something is cute or nice or whatever in order to get to posts that have something more substantial to say. We all think ducks and duck people are nice or fun or cute or we wouldn't be here. So really, there is no need to say just that. Please, if you are going to post, post something that actually either tells a story or adds something to the conversation.  

Remember, every time you post it reorganizes the board so that everyone is directed your post and older posts that are more substantial get demoted. If you just post that something is cute, a whole lot of people feel like they are doing all this reading and clicking around for nothing. Before you post, just stop and ask yourself: "Is this post so important that it should be elevated above all other posts?" and, "Is this post so interesting that people who are different from me might find it either entertaining or informative?" If the answer is no, maybe you don't need to post that.  

ducksmile
Re: Posting Etiquette    posted on Aug 27th, 2006, 10:35pm

Wow, I just read this Charlotte.  I will even be more careful from now on.  You make a very good point.  The way I read it sometimes it that it is a fun place where so many people can give a feedback or comment about what has been said.  THat way, you do not have to email 4 to 6 people about the subject.  I guess I am afraid I am in a gray area knowing if my posts might not be following the rules, too.
Register to Reply Register to Reply Duckplanet.com's Fan Forum Duckplanet.com's Fan Forum Help Help Search Search Pages: 1