Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Duck Fan Forum > Young Ducks -- Cafe Just Ducky > Desperately Needing Help
Register to Reply Register to Reply Young Ducks -- Cafe Just Ducky Young Ducks -- Cafe Just Ducky Help Help Search Search Pages: 1
Desperately Needing Help (Read 1613 times)
duckyj Desperately Needing Help    posted on Mar 19th, 2006, 10:02pm

My duck collection is on exhibit in a cabinet in my bathroom. The door on the cabinet is solid wood though, and the only time i get my duckies out is when i put them in my room. Does anyone know what i need to do so that my duckies can be in my room, and be all safe and sound in a see through case/shelf? Please help me.

Thanks,
DuckyJ Smiley
Kuke
Re: Desperately Needing Help    posted on Mar 19th, 2006, 10:12pm

HUH?  Did you answer your own question or am I being more dense than normal today?  I guess I don't understand the question.  Sorry about that.  Kuke
Jazzy
Re: Desperately Needing Help    posted on Mar 19th, 2006, 11:15pm

I'm with you kuke, I think you answerd your own question, either a set of shelves or a glass front cabinet is what most of us use I would think!, that and window sills, tables and anything else we can find to fill up with duckies, i dont worry about mine getting dirty, if they do i just give them a bath. If that is not what you ment then I am even more confused!!

Jay xx
AmericanDucky
Re: Desperately Needing Help    posted on Mar 20th, 2006, 2:16am

A curio cabinet is a glass cabinet with shelving. Made of entireely glass or wood w/ glass fronts. Ikea also has several different styles to choose from. Any discount furniture store should also sell them. You are probably looking at at least $70+ per cabinet.

Target and Walmart sell melamine bookshelves for like $35-$70+ ... no glass so you would have to dust them.
duckie1393
Re: Desperately Needing Help    posted on Mar 20th, 2006, 11:15pm

Im going with jazzy and kuke on this one
I put mine on shelves
duckyj Re: Desperately Needing Help    posted on Mar 21st, 2006, 2:03am

I guess i did answer my own question, but the shelf idea sounds good. I have 54 duckies though, and they take up a lot of spacc.

DuckyJ Smiley
Glitterduck
Re: Desperately Needing Help    posted on Mar 21st, 2006, 1:30pm

Mine are on shelves and do need frequent dusting so i'd advise you to go for a cabinet if you're not up for that...
Carys xx
duckyj Re: Desperately Needing Help    posted on Mar 29th, 2006, 11:04pm

I forgot to mention that the cabinet and door are solid wood, which means that no light can get in, trapping the duckies in a dark "duckie jail".
Ellonyia
Re: Desperately Needing Help    posted on Mar 30th, 2006, 3:32am

How about swapping oout the middle of the doors with glass? Even if they dont have  a center to punch out, a cheap hand-held jigsaw is your friend...
That way they would not be in such a jail... but you still would not have to dust much.
Ellonyia
duckyj Re: Desperately Needing Help    posted on Mar 31st, 2006, 11:34pm

Execellent ideas guys! Prehaps I could also a light in there too.
duckieluver86
Re: Desperately Needing Help    posted on Dec 3rd, 2008, 2:15am

I have all my rubber ducks in a golden colored laundry baket with a pillow covered up by a soft, fuzzy blanket.  Smiley I also dust them, wipe them with baby wipes, or give them a bath when they get dirty. Smiley You can probably tell that I wuv my duckies. Roll Eyes  Smiley
rubberducksrule
Re: Desperately Needing Help    posted on Mar 11th, 2010, 2:49pm

i keep mine on shelves like glitter duck and when they get dusty put them in the bath ;p maybe put a glass cabinet up in ur room or summin x  x
NotEnoughDucks
Re: Desperately Needing Help    posted on Apr 19th, 2010, 6:36am

Quote from duckyj on Mar 31st, 2006, 11:34pm:
Execellent ideas guys! Prehaps I could also a light in there too.

but then they might melt!!!!!
Register to Reply Register to Reply Young Ducks -- Cafe Just Ducky Young Ducks -- Cafe Just Ducky Help Help Search Search Pages: 1