Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Duck Fan Forum > Young Ducks -- Rubber Duck Talk > Duck Alert!
Register to Reply Register to Reply Young Ducks -- Rubber Duck Talk Young Ducks -- Rubber Duck Talk Help Help Search Search Pages: 1 2 
Duck Alert! (Read 2327 times)
jbeep2
Re: Duck Alert!    posted on Feb 27th, 2006, 7:01pm

Shocked cry Sad throw away a duckHuh  Shocked
Bmunchkin
Re: Duck Alert!    posted on Feb 28th, 2006, 1:13am

Quote from kite on Feb 27th, 2006, 6:32pm:
I think some of us could come up with a 50-duck OTC assortment from the stuff in our closets, and not charge you $20 for it... I'll have to see how many I kept, I may actually have thrown some away!  

Ahhhh! Evil!! Sad embarrassed
kite
Re: Duck Alert!    posted on Feb 28th, 2006, 1:16am

Hey, when you've got a hundred little spare ducks that NOBODY WANTS taking over your life, you get desperate!  I tried to give them away a bunch of times.
charlotte
Re: Duck Alert!    posted on Feb 28th, 2006, 2:11am

kite!  I'm actually laughing at your terrible, dark confession in this forum. I think I'm a bit loopy today as I'm sick with a fever. I think if I threw ducks away my cabinets would burst open and my ducks would attack a la Hitchcock's birds. It wouldn't be pretty.  

What I have done in the past is fill up some clean plastic bags with ducks and dropped them in goodwill donation bins.  Also, when you're trading with newbies always always stuff a bunch of extras in there!  

duckyj Re: Duck Alert!    posted on Feb 28th, 2006, 2:19am

Made another find. Walgreens has a nice cadillac duck set in ther easter isle. Shocked
AmericanDucky
Re: Duck Alert!    posted on Feb 28th, 2006, 2:44am

Quote from charlotte on Feb 28th, 2006, 2:11am:
I think if I threw ducks away my cabinets would burst open and my ducks would attack a la Hitchcock's birds. It wouldn't be pretty.

Very frightening thought!  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked I could just see the headlines now, "Guiness Book Record Holder attacked and killed, no evidence found but a bunch of bloody rubber ducks lying around!"  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

charlotte
Re: Duck Alert!    posted on Feb 28th, 2006, 3:08am

So now if you ever see said headline, you'll know what happened!!   Shocked Shocked Shocked
squeakybeaks
Re: Duck Alert!    posted on Feb 28th, 2006, 3:53am

I always figured I'd be in the bath one evening, listening to the radio, not paying attention...
Next morning they'd find my dead body in the bottom of the tub with a couple hundred rubber
ducks suffocating me  Wink

I have a box I keep duplicates, etc. in-I like to give them away, but all my friends/family
have been "ducked" so I have to resort to complete strangers...  Roll Eyes
kite
Re: Duck Alert!    posted on Feb 28th, 2006, 4:33am

Okay, I'm sure everyone will be very relieved to hear that I didn't actually throw away my OTC ducks.  I guess I just really wanted to, when I was moving.  I have a box of 50-60 spares.  There are Christmas, Easter, sports, pirates, Thanksgiving, red hat, religious, army, and St. Pat's ducks here -- no idea if I have any complete sets in here, probably mostly not.  Jazzy, do you want any of these?  I owe you a lot of ducks right now Smiley.  Otherwise, I think the plan is to separate out any duplicates, so I'll end up with one large batch of ducks and a couple of small ones, and just give 'em to anyone willing to pay the cost of shipping.
luvtheduck
Re: Duck Alert!    posted on Feb 28th, 2006, 5:24am

If you have extras you could give them out at Halloween. I gave out mini glow in the dark ducks and bubbles last year and the little kids loved them one little girl pulled it out of her bag and went running to her parents screaming "I GOT A DUCK" it was soooooooo cute.
kite
Re: Duck Alert!    posted on Feb 28th, 2006, 6:54am

Judging by the emails I've gotten, any extra OTCs will be spoken for (still waiting to hear from Jazzy first).  

I did put a bunch of my spares in a geocache as trading items!  And I gave all my co-workers Halloween ducks last Halloween.  We were living in a big apartment complex then so we never got any trick or treaters.  Now that we're in a townhouse I guess we might get a couple this year!
jbeep2
Re: Duck Alert!    posted on Feb 28th, 2006, 1:01pm

I would GLADLY be willing to pay for shipping to get some of those extra OTC ducks! Lemme know, as I've been wanting some of those holiday ones for awhile. Smiley
ExplorerDuck
Re: Duck Alert!    posted on Feb 28th, 2006, 3:04pm

Quote from jbeep2 on Feb 28th, 2006, 1:01pm:
I would GLADLY be willing to pay for shipping to get some of those extra OTC ducks! Lemme know, as I've been wanting some of those holiday ones for awhile. Smiley

Same here!
Doc_Quack
Re: Duck Alert!    posted on Sep 11th, 2011, 12:14pm

Quote from squeakybeaks on Feb 28th, 2006, 3:53am:
I always figured I'd be in the bath one evening, listening to the radio, not paying attention...
Next morning they'd find my dead body in the bottom of the tub with a couple hundred rubber
ducks suffocating me  Wink

I have a box I keep duplicates, etc. in-I like to give them away, but all my friends/family
have been "ducked" so I have to resort to complete strangers...  Roll Eyes

I WILL BUY!!!!!!!!
Doc_Quack
Re: Duck Alert!    posted on Sep 11th, 2011, 12:15pm

Quote from ExplorerDuck on Feb 28th, 2006, 3:04pm:

Same here!

Same here!
Register to Reply Register to Reply Young Ducks -- Rubber Duck Talk Young Ducks -- Rubber Duck Talk Help Help Search Search Pages: 1 2