Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Duck Fan Forum > Town Square > STARS
Register to Reply Register to Reply Town Square Town Square Help Help Search Search Pages: 1 2 
STARS (Read 3471 times)
Duck_Dan
STARS    posted on Mar 9th, 2005, 4:21pm

Whats with the stars?  Everyone has a star by their name... and the SWEET CHARLOTTE has 5 stars.... Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley  

You know, I'm a good duck....  

GOOOOOOOOOO DUCK DAN!!!!!    Roll Eyes  

How does one earn an extra star?    Wink
sheila
Re: STARS    posted on Mar 9th, 2005, 4:32pm

hey buddy... if you get an extra star then I deserve 2 because I am THE DUCK HUNTING QUEEN!!!  ha ha  who found the "bubber duck" mobley huh?
charlotte
Re: STARS    posted on Mar 9th, 2005, 5:45pm

Hey Duck Dan, the number of stars by your name indicates your level of insanity. Oh wait, if that were true you'd have a few more!    Smiley
Actually, the stars are supposed to be a measure of seniority, but it's almost entirely based on the number of times you have posted to the board. I think once you've posted 10 or 20 times then another star gets added to your name. Because the board is brand new, nobody has more than one star. I get five stars because I have the power to add, delete, and modify user accounts. BWAHAHAHAA!! Cool
The star rating is a feature that just came with the bulletin board software. On some boards, you can get more privileges if you have more stars, but we haven't even looked into anything like that yet. Since the stars don't really "do" anything here I figured it doesn't matter. I could go ahead and dole out extra stars to people but I didn't want to start a fight in here. Some of those rubber ducks hurt when they hit you in the head.  Tongue

Duck_Dan
Re: STARS    posted on Mar 9th, 2005, 10:02pm

HA HA...Yeah, I have a RARE VINTAGE DUCK TO TRADE FOR A STAR... ha ha  Thats funny...   and SHELIA would get all pink stars!!!!!!!!   Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Yall have fun..........
DuCkMaStEr Re: STARS    posted on May 6th, 2006, 9:07pm

Quote from charlotte on Mar 9th, 2005, 5:45pm:
I could go ahead and dole out extra stars to people but I didn't want to start a fight in here. Some of those rubber ducks hurt when they hit you in the head. Tongue

Getting hit in the head with a duck sounds painful...especially if it was a hard plastic duck like the ones made by rubba
Douglass
Re: STARS    posted on Jun 1st, 2006, 6:37pm

Quote from DuCkMaStEr on May 6th, 2006, 9:07pm:

Getting hit in the head with a duck sounds painful...especially if it was a hard plastic duck like the ones made by rubba

yea but if they let you keep the duck it would not  be too bad Tongue
Duckaru
Re: STARS    posted on Jul 16th, 2006, 6:37pm

Congradulations to American Ducky, five silver stars, one of the elite. I genuflect to your posting ability.  
Now, if only I could stop killing threads with my own comments.  
Aru
sheila
Re: STARS    posted on Jul 17th, 2006, 4:38pm

I saw that!!  Woohoo!!!  Go American Ducky!
ducksmile
Re: STARS    posted on Sep 11th, 2006, 3:08pm

Sure wish that software would do an update so we could get special stars for hosting or attending a duckfest!  Maybe a suggestion to them would earn you the free software!
Danigirl4365
Re: STARS    posted on Sep 12th, 2006, 10:52pm

Are stars still being handed out? Roll Eyes
ducksmile
Re: STARS    posted on Sep 13th, 2006, 4:09am

Yes..I just got one recently.  Do you know it depends on how many posts you have done?
Danigirl4365
Re: STARS    posted on Sep 13th, 2006, 3:03pm

Yeah, I know that, just wondering how many you have to have to get a 2nd star I guess...
ducksmile
Re: STARS    posted on Sep 13th, 2006, 3:53pm

50 posts will give you a second star. Be careful tho..if you post too many frivolous ones, you get a star taken away.  cry cry Shocked
Duckaru
Re: STARS    posted on Sep 15th, 2006, 9:15pm

Hail, Pastrana, the second earner of 5 platinum stars.
**************** Smiley********** Smiley************

digicolleen
Re: STARS    posted on Sep 19th, 2006, 6:38pm

oh my--i just noticed that i have 2 stars now!!! yippeeee!! Shocked  i can tell it's going to be a very ducky day!!
Register to Reply Register to Reply Town Square Town Square Help Help Search Search Pages: 1 2